Architecture Council/Meetings/November 10 2016
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday November 10, 2016 at 1100 Ottawa |
HTML | iCal
|Dial-in:|| Let's use the Foundation's Asterisk setup for this call:
Participant conference extension: 701 then enter pin: 51968
- In attendance: Mikael Barbero, Wayne Beaton, Marcel Bruch, Jim Hughes, Mickael Istia, Marc-Andre Laperle, Martin Lippert, Dani Megert, Martin O, Denis Roy, Doug Schaefer, Michael Scharf, Matthias Sohn, Krum Tsvetkov, Gunnar Wagenknecht
- Regrets: Jay Jay Billings, Cédric Brun, Christian Campo, Jonas Helming, Maximilian Kögel, Alexander Nyßen, Pascal Rapicault, Eike Stepper, Lars Vogel
- No-Show: Max Andersen, Chris Aniszczyk, John Arthorne, Nick Boldt, Ian Bull, Benjamin Cabé, Linda Chan, Naci Dai, Sebastien Gerard, Neil Hauge, Kenn Hussey, Tyler Jewell, Markus Knauer, Konstantin Kommissarchik, Alex Kurtakov, Benoit Langlois, Ed Merks, Mike Milinkovich, Adrian Mos, Steffen Pingel, Tom Schindl, Julien Vermillard, Tom Watson, David Williams, Mike Wilson
#PMC_Rep_Attendees see also below.
Agenda / Notes
- Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
- Last meeting: Architecture Council/Meetings/October 13 2016 -- open actions see #Action_Items
Marcel: Quality of the Eclipse Marketplace Plugins
- Mickael: Not much progress since last month, but working on it
- Planning some guidelines for Marketplace plugins - maybe autocheck some properties
- Could be in parallel to UX Guidelines
- Marcel: Looks interesting, but not yet clear what's possible with this approach
- Possible Idea: Open up AERI and allow marketplace plugins a free plan for error reporting with Codetrails
- Today, AERI is checking the reporting plugin and matching the stacktrace - Only Eclipse.org reports today
- Q: Is it OK for Codetrails reaching out to Marketplace owners ?
- AI Mickael will report more next time
EclipseCon Europe Notes
- Wayne: Excellent conference over all - getting better and better
- Dani: Record attendance (> 600). Great conference and a lot of interactions between developers
- NASA Keynote was fantastic - wasn't recorded unfortunately (but other recordings would be on the YouTube channel)
- Doug: Liked Power-up station in the middle of what's happening ; great discussions
- Dirk's about VS Code probably was recorded, and will probably be uploaded soon: Open eyes on future desktops (on Electron/Node) - changing the way how things are styled
- Michael/Doug: Could imagine RAP running on Electron/Node; there's a Node plugin to fire up the JVM
Language Server Protocol
- Mickael: Language Server Protocol: suggest everyone interested in language tooling look at the protocol - opening up the room for a lot of new languages to be supported really well with very little effort
- Should be available with one of the next milestones / EPP Package
- 4 Projects Related: JDT Language Server, XText, l2tp - Wayne: Opportunity for an AC Subcommittee for coordination of those projects ?
- Foundation could offer resources for mailinglists, meetings, ...
- Use the monthly call for summing up what's happening in AC Subcommittees - AI Wayne Draft a proposal
- Agreement to spin off a Language Server think tank (include Jay, Mickael initially)
- Michael: Related - improve infrastructure for running external tools and parsing the output - should chat about this on the ide-dev mailing list
FEEP Funding Mailing List
- Registration is moderated today - only accept Eclipse.org members and committers, but archives are public
- Designed for AC discussinos about 2017 FEEP, to avoid involving the big AC crowd
- Not much updates due to Eclipsecon.
- EclipseCon US (1 day before Devoxx) CFP open since today, please submit and retweet
PMC Rep Attendees
All AC Members are invited.
- PMC Reps please confirm attendance or list your delegate below. Every PMC is required to name a primary and backup delegate, and to ensure that one delegate attends the meeting.
|Technology:||Gunnar Wagenknecht||Wayne Beaton|
|Tools:||Doug Schaefer|| |