Architecture Council/Meetings/January 10 2019
|Meeting Title:||Architecture Council Monthly Meeting|
|Date & Time:|| Thursday January 10, 2018 at 1100 Ottawa |
HTML | iCal
|Dial in:||Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/438487984
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,438487984# or +14086380968,,438487984#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 Canada: +1 647 558 0588 France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 Meeting ID: 438 487 984 International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=zZBWgLOe1JIIW8E3tapxg4jzZNmjTfbO
Agenda / Notes
Update from EMO (Wayne/Gunnar):
- Happy New Year
- EDP 2018 is live and effective
- If you have done a release review in December or later, chances are you don't need another one in the next twelve month.
- Projects should check back with their top-level PMC.
Infrastructure Update (Denis):
- Mentor Award (Jay)
- Incentives as motivation
- Wayne proposed to discuss the future role of mentorship
- Lots of good discussion about value of having a mentor
- Tons of different Java dependencies in a single CQ (Mickael): For m2e, it appears that using a newer version of Maven is a tedious, hard, boring and dismotivating task because it requires developers to open many CQs (one for each library). I would like to see that simplified, so they could submit only one CQ for a bunch of dependencies; just like it's possible with npm modules. Is there anything that prevents it from being done? Is this workflow reserved to Type A projects? Is this workflow reserved to npm dependencies? If the later is yes, can it be expanded to any programming language or dependency manager, it'd be quite convenient! Or, once again, is it preferred to bypass the CQ submission form and directly get in touch with the IP team for most efficent workflows?
Feel free to edit, but not during the call!
Last meeting: Architecture Council/Meetings/November 8 2018
- Organize discussion around future of mentorship (Wayne & Gunnar)