Aperi Development Status Meeting 12/11/06

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Craig Laverone, Todd Singleton, Chris King, Christoph Reichert, Marcus Siegmund, Hans Lin, Rodica Ciurea, Simona Constantin, Helen Bergin, Ted Slupesky, Khan Tasinga, Bill Warren, Ophelia Yip, Brenda Haynes, Tom Guinane), Novell (Randy Stokes)

Minutes

  • Project Leader Notes (Ted)
    • R4 planning (http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aperi-dev/msg00037.html) Ted sent this out last week
      • Any changes in work item list?
      • Identify owners for each work item:
        • SMI-S Fabric & Switch profiles (*) - Christoph
        • Secure Port binding (may be part of above item - Christoph
        • SMI-S NAS profile - Todd
        • Unified Storage support (FC, NAS composite view) - Todd
        • Complete Eclipse RCP GUI "what should come next for the GUI" – Dave
        • Host profile – Khan
        • Remote install & upgrade of host agents – Craig
        • Improved data model for reporting - Prasenjit
      • Owners are to provide initial technical assessments and preliminary sizings for review at the January 8th meeting.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd)
    • Aperi 0.2 build
      • Currently up and running. It runs daily at 7pm Pacific time.
      • Todd will continue to make changes to the build and work towards more of a PDE type build environment
    • 3rd party packages (http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/project-info/IP-Log.html)
      • no updates from Janet
  • Aperi Downloads
    • Latest stats
    • Ted to get R2 package ready for downloads page
    • alphaWorks (making a binary of SNIA HBA API available)
      • T11 now owns the HBA API standard
      • John & Ted to check into owners names to see if we can get a binary on SourceForge
      • Helen is working to get a binary on the alphaWorks site by 12/14 (their cutoff for this year)
        • The license and checklist has been created.
        • All the necessary legal approvals are in progress.
      • Craig made great progress on script - everything is ready to go
        • The SNIA HBA API binary needs to be downloadable from a http web server
      • Current plan is to post a driver on Wednesday night and then IDVT will download and smoke test to ensure process works
    • Experience and feedback
  • Project Schedule:
    • Latest Schedule
    • Implementation
      • Porting initial contribution defects to Bugzilla:
        • Status on porting all items - target 12/8 – 97% complete
      • Porting tracks from 3.x:
        • Status on estimates for moving tracks over - target 12/8
          • Ted has received estimates from the GUI, Data Server and Device Server. Craig to complete estimate today.
          • Ted to set timeframe for when this will be completed in R3
      • Device Server Feature Bundles
        • These will be reviewed and discussed at the development meeting tomorrow.
        • A decision will be made to continue and what timeframe (possibly R3)
    • IDVT
      • Test Status
      • Defect status
        • Critical defects
          • Remove CIMOM is not working. Need to get fixed ASAP. Rodica has a proposal and team needs to agree on it.
        • Blocked test cases
          • 166524 – 12 TC’s blocked. Simona has a fix. Ted will ensure the fix gets in
          • 167179 also blocks many TC’s. Fabric alerts – Marcus to look at.
    • ID
      • Install instructions for 0.2 review complete.
      • Release Notes out for review and input.
      • Latest documents out on the wiki: http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/documentation/releasenotes.php
      • No changes were required for the online help for R2
      • R2 Development ID work – no progress due to other items that came up this week
      • Comments on documentation from team
  • Action Items
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Third Party Dependency Questionnaire Helen 11/30/06 Questionnaires submitted 9/6. - Helen has created tables in the IP Log to track the individual IPZilla entries for each Third Party Contribution Questionnaire.
  • Other:
    • Eclipse Con., Santa Clara, March 5-8 2007, Remaining KEY DATES:
      • January 15th - Short Talks and Demos proposals must be in.</li>
      • January 30th - Short Talks and Demos chosen.</li>
    • SNIA Plugfests planned for 2007
      • Khan talked to Kevin to understand the 2007 plugfest intents and reviewed with Brenda and Ted. As there will be nothing new in first quarter, we plan to skip those.
    • Meetings for the rest of 2006:
      • Last meeting of the year will be next week, December 18
      • First meeting in 2006 will be January 8
  • Open Forum