Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Development Status Meeting 11/13/06

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

IBM (Craig Laverone, Todd Singleton, Brian Delaire, Chris King, Christoph Reichert, Marcus Siegmund, Hans Lin, Rodica Ciurea, Simona Constantin, Helen Bergin, ted Slupesky, Khan Tasinga, Bill Warren, Ophelia Yip, Hai-Yann Hwang, Prasenjit Sarkar, Tom Guinane), Novell (Alex Danoyan, Randy Stokes)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes (Ted)
    • Todd – status on contribution, build, etc
      • The 0.1 release is in the cvs repository. Instructions are in the doc directory in root.
      • A binary is in the root directory as well with instructions (have to go through development step process)
        • Helen is asking SourceForge folks if there is a binary version available for us to use.
        • Six packages still not yet approved by Eclipse
      • Cleanup/migrating to Rel 0.2. – had a discussion at last Tuesday’s architecture meeting and made some decisions:
        • Thursday 8PM pacific – Build … take code we will migrate over to Eclipse
        • Christoph has check-ins this week – get in by Wednesday for Thursday build and smoke test
        • Label the build in cvs this week
        • Migration to add 0.2 code to Eclipse cvs will start Monday, 11/20
  • Release Lead Notes (Dave)
    • Dave is in class this week so he won't be making the development meeting. He has provided status to Tom.
    • Introducing two new team members to the Aperi committer community: Simona Constantin and Rodica Ciurea, both of IBM Romania. Welcome!
    • Both Simona and Rodica have been working on the IBM TPC product for about two years. In the past, they worked on the TPC 3.1 GUI and CLI with Dave. They will be helping out with the topography/schema changes, then they will be working on the new GUI in the topology area.
    • Ted will invoke the new committer voting process for Simona and Rodica.
  • Phase 2:
    • Updated Schedule - updates made in the schedule.
    • Implementation
      • Device Server: Tom will move the packaging items listed in the Device Server schedule to post DCUT.
      • Database: Prasenjit will verify the topology viewer for tape and fabric by the end of the week.
      • Merge of 2.0 into HEAD discussed above
    • IDVT
      • Test Status
      • Started IDVT on Monday, working OK. Tuesday’s build was full of woe - had lots of problems (CIMOM, In-band discovery, fabric agent, etc.). May be a build problem. Most TC’s blocked.
      • Immediate actions:
        1. Get build working
        2. Make sure in-band agent is OK
      • Hai-Yann Hwang has joined the test team for three weeks. Welcome Hai-Yann!
      • Ted will invoke the new committer voting process for Hai-Yann so she can update Bugzilla.
      • Defect tracking – We are now using Bugzilla to track defects. Please use Bugzilla to open all new defects.
      • Currently there is one Bugzilla component and it is assigned to Ted. We can really use more components. Ted will create several new Bugzilla components to match the initial contribution components (data agent, data server, DB, GUI, etc.) and current component owners will be responsible for them.
    • ID
      • Install instructions for 0.2 out for review
      • Development ID work
        • This is the work for each component owner to build API documentation for a Programmer's Guide for consumers to build off of Aperi.
        • tasks for everyone are listed in the schedule in the ID section for rel 0.2 (around task 180)
  • Action Items
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Third Party Dependency Questionnaire Helen 11/30/06 Questionnaires submitted 9/6. - Helen has created tables in the IP Log to track the individual IPZilla entries for each Third Party Contribution Questionnaire.
NEW: Bug clean up Dave 11/28/06 Figure out what to do with the remaining Aperi initial contribution bugs. Either fix or move to Bugzilla. Tie into discussion regarding 0.2 migration at next Architecture meeting.
  • Other:
    • Eclipse Summit
      • Blog entry summary – Christoph has created draft.
    • SNW
      • Feedback from Ted
        • Interoperability Demo participant
        • Five management applications were demoed: Symantec, Hitachi, EMC, HP, and Aperi
        • Aperi demoed fine – 20 minute demo, and 20 minute questions
        • Allen in booth, said he had over 80 contacts
    • GUI changes for 0.3
      • Look at R3 schedule and roadmap next meeting
    • Meetings
      • Repeating meeting notices sent out to all committers for meetings to the end of 2006
      • Based on the number of committers who will be out next week, next Monday’s meeting, 11/20, will be cancelled. Tom will send out notices.
    • Eclipse Con., Santa Clara, March 5-8 2007, KEY DATES:
      • November 1st - Tutorial proposals must be in.</li>
      • November 15th - Tutorials chosen.</li>
      • December 1st - Long Talks and Panel proposals must be in.</li>
      • December 30th - Long Talks and Panels chosen.</li>
      • January 15th - Short Talks and Demos proposals must be in.</li>
      • January 30th - Short Talks and Demos chosen.</li>