Aperi Development Status Meeting 11/06/06

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Craig Laverone, Todd Singleton, Brian Delaire, Dave Wolfe, Chris King, Christoph Reichert, Marcus Siegmund, Brenda Haynes, Prasenjit Sarkar, Ophelia Yip, Helen Bergin, Bill Warren, Khan Tasinga, Tom Guinane)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes (Tom for Ted)
    • Contribution status:
      • The initial contribution to the Aperi Storage Management Project has successfully completed the Eclipse legal review and has been approved.
      • The Aperi code is now in the Eclipse repository: here
      • The instructions to setup the environment, download the source, obtain third-party code, build in the IDE, and run Aperi from within the Eclipse IDE are being posted in the doc/ folder.
        • Todd put out instructions – requested a couple of folks to validate it
        • Need to come up with plan on how to migrate from Level 1 to Level 2 – migrate over the delta. Will discuss this and come up with a plan at the Architecture meeting tomorrow.
        • Need to have a first build – Todd will work on it today.
        • There is some difficulty with a couple of components we need the source for (Regex and SNIA HBA code) in order to compile. Todd will identify issues.
      • Getting the word out:
        • Just in time for SNW expo - community members talked it up this week
        • Notice on Aperi-dev & Aperi-news mailing lists
        • Notice on Aperi newsgroup
        • Cvs now linked from Aperi home page
  • Release Lead Notes (Dave)
    • Nothing for today
  • Status on initial contribution items:
Task Duration Start Finish Status
Eclipse legal Review 44 days Thu 9/7/06 Tue 10/31/06 COMPLETE
Load code into cvs at Eclipse 1 day Tue 10/31/06 Wed 11/01/06 COMPLETE
Contribution downloadable in Eclipse cvs 0 days Wed 11/01/06 Wed 11/01/06 COMPLETE
Build instructions - Eclipse cvs 5 days Thu 11/02/06 Wed 11/08/06 COMPLETE
  • Updated Schedule - updates made in the schedule.
  • Phase 2:
    • Design
    • Implementation
      • Dave – need to merge 2.0 into HEAD
        • at the price of short term instability for some pieces of Aperi – Topology viewer and DB performance
        • Dave will start on integration work this week by Wednesday
    • Test
      • Smoke Test: Build Issues
      • IDVT:
        • Did not start on Friday – one critical bug still open.
        • Marcus has addressed and provided a build with the fix on Monday morning.
        • Brian will test this morning. If OK, he will officially start IDVT and will send Tom and IDVT Entry Memo.
        • Hai-Yann Hwang will be joining the test team for several weeks while Brian will be out, starting next week.
    • ID
      • Has completed new set of install instructions with DB2.
    • Derby issues
  • Action Items
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Third Party Dependency Questionnaire Helen 10/31/06 Questionnaires submitted 9/6. - Helen has created tables in the IP Log to track the individual IPZilla entries for each Third Party Contribution Questionnaire.
NEW: Bug clean up Dave 10/31/06 Figure out what to do with the remaining Aperi initial contribution bugs. Either fix or move to Bugzilla. Tie into discussion regarding 0.2 migration at 10/7 Architecture meeting.
  • Other:
    • Eclipse Summit
      • Christoph to put summary on Aperi blog
    • SNW
    • Eclipse turns Five! Here are some activities that have been organized:
      1. An electronic birthday card has been setup to allow individuals in the community to show their support for Eclipse. Please feel free to sign the card and invite your colleagues to do the same.
      2. An Eclipse Product Wall of Fame has also been established to showcase all of the Eclipse based products that have been built over the years. Eclipse invites all individuals and organizations to add their Eclipse based products to the Wall.
      3. Finally, 28 local birthday parties have been organized around the world. These parties will be a great opportunity for people in the Eclipse community to meet in an informal setting. We invite you and your colleagues to attend a party close to you. Please RSVP to the specific party, so the local organizer has an idea of the number of attendees.
    • GUI changes for 0.3
    • Steve Southworth wants to include Aperi on their demo site. Needs to address the accessibility requirements and may call Ted or Todd to work out.
    • Eclipse Con., Santa Clara, March 5-8 2007, KEY DATES:
      • November 1st - Tutorial proposals must be in.</li>
      • November 15th - Tutorials chosen.</li>
      • December 1st - Long Talks and Panel proposals must be in.</li>
      • December 30th - Long Talks and Panels chosen.</li>
      • January 15th - Short Talks and Demos proposals must be in.</li>
      • January 30th - Short Talks and Demos chosen.</li>