Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Development Status Meeting 10/23/06

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Craig Laverone, Todd Singleton, Brian Delaire, Dave Wolfe, Brenda Haynes, Ted Slupesky, Chris King, Yolanda Martinez, Helen Bergin, Steven Lieske, Khan Tasinga, Prasenjit Sarkar, Bill Warren, Christoph Reichert, Marcus Siegmund, Tom Guinane), Novell (Randy Stokes)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes (Ted)
    • We made contact with the Eclipse Legal team on the code contribution.
      • There are a few cases where some third party code was referenced in the code and Eclipse had questions about it. Many of these were in comments and addressed in a response.
      • A new contribution questionnaire needs to be filled out for one component
      • We are also working on responding to questions on a some basic cryptographic routines
    • Storage Networking World is next week and Ted is attending
  • Release Lead Notes (Dave)
    • None today – awaiting move to bugzilla and Eclipse cvs
  • Status on initial contribution items:
]-
Task Duration Start Finish
Eclipse legal Review 40 days Thu 9/7/06 Thu 10/26/06
Load code into cvs at Eclipse 1 day Fri 10/27/06 Fri 10/27/06
Contribution downloadable in Eclipse cvs 0 days Fri 10/27/06 Fri 10/27/06
Build instructions - Eclipse cvs 5 days Mon 10/30/06 Fri 1/03/06
  • Updated Schedule - updates made in the schedule.
  • Phase 2:
    • Design
    • Implementation
    • Test
      • Smoke Test Build Issues -
        • Defect 31722, Tape Manager problem – Christoph is aware. Team to discuss at the architecture meeting on Tuesday
    • ID
    • Derby issues
  • Action Items
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Third Party Dependency Questionnaire Helen 10/31/06 Questionnaires submitted 9/6. - Eclipse has started the review. We are Checking with Eclipse for status and a possible target end date. Also creating a new Contribution Questionnaire based on feedback from Eclipse.
Performance Issues Hans 10/12/06 Aggregate all performance issues in one wiki page. Hans has completed this and sent to Ted for review. He will work with Tom to put on the external wiki today. COMPLETE
NEW: Bug clean up Dave 10/31/06 Figure out what to do with the remaining Aperi initial contribution bugs. Either fix or move to Bugzilla.
  • Other:
    • Eclipse Summit
      • Eclipse Summit attendees are Eclipse users, so although there was no additional company interest. However, there was good dialog between Christoph and Marcus and other Eclipse projects.
    • SNW
      • Allen has completed logistics for booth – everything is ready
      • Booth coverage, IBM, Brocade, Emulex, Fujitsu, and possibly others
      • Interop Demo