Aperi Development Status Meeting 10/22/07

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

Brocade John Crandall , IBM (Chris King, Dave Wolfe, Greg McBride, Tom Guinane, Hans Lin, Todd Singleton, Russ Warren) , LSI (Jenny Monessen)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • Third Party Contribution Questionnaires
      • Tom went through the 3rd party activity being tracked here
    • Aperi Open Defects - by severity & priority
        • 205850 – Dave to get to this week. needs new SBLIM client
        • 206968 – Hans received instructions on how to proceed from Todd
        • 199467 – New SBLIM client will fix this
        • 201569 – Need Derby upgrade
      • These two defects to be addressed as well:
        • 172223 – Looking to use SBLIM client to see if this works
        • 199148 – Reassigned to Todd – will look at this week.
    • Road map planning
    • SNW
      • We had an 8’ x 4’ booth with two pedestals which had 2 laptops with monitors running Aperi demos, one with 0.4 and one with 0.2. We could not get SAN Simulator running, but had the Camtasia file. There was lots of interest in the simulator. We could have used one laptop dedicated to that with a demo.
      • We had a badge scanner, about 60 people were scanned. The scanner stopped working the second day, so we collected cards when we could.
      • The expo ran two hours on Tuesday during lunch, three hours that evening, and two more hours on Wednesday
      • There was heavy traffic at the booth at all times. We had 2-3 Aperi people working the booth at all times: Allen Marin, Russ Warren, Tom Guinane (IBM), Javier Lozano (YottaYotta), John Dobyns (Emulex), and John Tyrrell (NetApp). Also, Steve Gardner (LSI) and Hiroshi Yoshida (Fujitsu) dropped by the booth at times to talk to folks.
      • When not ‘on duty’ Aperi members were visiting the other booths talking to other companies about an Aperi relationship.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status
    • SAN Simulator contribution
      • Made progress on SAN Simulator – created a package for development to test. On target with release schedule. Two items to address:
        • resolve IP issues
        • documentation
  • Aperi Downloads:
  • Development items/issues:
    • None this week.
  • IDVT:
    • Test Status
    • Test schedule for R4 created. Hans and Tom to review.
  • ID:
    • Online help issue: Eclipse based or Java help based?
    • ID plan/schedule for R4
    • Running an agent inside a virtual machine - no difference in running in a Zen virtual machine.
  • Project Schedule:
    • Latest Schedule. Schedule to be updated this week.
  • Action Items:
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Tom 10/31/07 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. Tom is searching for additional candidate.
Aperi Forum Tom 10/25/07 Suggested by Javier. Investigate setting up forums for Aperi communication. Looked into freepowerboards.com Friendly, easy to use, familiar to more forum users. Also includes a chat tool. Set up a sample forum http://www.freepowerboards.com/dhiwa/ Take a look and provide feedback. Checking out Eclipse IRC again
Document Control Tom 11/6/07 Write up text for Aperi document control.
Lessons Learned Follow-up Tom 11/9/07 Put results of Lessons Learned meeting for R0.3 into a table on the wiki with corresponding action items
cvs download statistics Tom 10/30/07 Investigate if we can get any numbers for our source code downloads.
  • Open Forum:
  • Other:
    • Next Meeting - 10/29/07
    • At SNW, several folks mentioned that they would like to participate in the call, but the time did not work for them. Tom will see what times they have available and see if this will work for the existing team. Same goes for the architecture call.