Aperi Development Status Meeting 09/17/07

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Brenda Haynes, Chris King, Christoph Reichert, Dave Wolfe, Greg McBride, Steven Bennett, Todd Singleton, Tom Guinane)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • SAN Simulator contribution:
      • Still working on getting a build script. Todd will contact Ramani to set up a meeting to transfer a build for Aperi download page.
    • Third Party Contribution Questionnaires
      • Backlog of about 6 requests from Eclipse Legal. There was no progress last week.
    • Aperi Open Defects - by priority
      • 199148 - org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler handle error – Dave will take a look at.
    • Aperi requirements process
    • Road map planning requirements list and timeline
      • Driving requirements collection in order to update the Aperi roadmap. We are getting good feedback from the community on future work in the aperi-dev discussions. At the community meeting last Thursday we discussed prioritization. We asked each company for their priorities in the form of three questions below.
        • The top five requirements you think Aperi needs to succeed
          • The top five requirements your company needs as prerequisite to adopting or contributing to Aperi code base
        • The top five requirements you might be willing to work on
    • The Aperi survey is available: You can access the survey from the main graphic on the Aperi home page, http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/ or directly here: http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/survey.php
      • The survey responses go to a new mailing list aperi-survey. To keep anonymous, and because of mailing list rules, all responses show up in Tom’s name.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status
      • New build posted last Thursday
    • SNIA SW Developers Conference – Todd presented Aperi on Wednesday
      • Overall conference had 250 people, his session about 20-25
      • Most questions on SAN Simulator – there is interest in the demo next week
      • People interested in contributing their definitions
      • Todd pointed people to the Aperi survey
  • Development items/issues:
    • Christoph ran into issues during his fabric unit test. He received authentication failures with the CIM client. After investigation, it turns out these problems were fixed in the latest version of the SBLIM CIM client, version 1.3.3. Aperi currently has Version 1.3.2 approved. Tom will check with Eclipse legal to see if we need approval for a maintenance upgrade.
  • ID:
    • Online help issue: Eclipse based or Java help based?
    • ID plan for R4 – out for review – please take a look at it. Approve by Monday
  • Action Items:
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Tom 10/15/07 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. Tom is searching for additional candidate.
Aperi Forum Tom 9/14/07 Suggested by Javier. Investigate setting up forums for Aperi communication. Looked into freepowerboards.com Friendly, easy to use, familiar to more forum users. Also includes a chat tool. Set up a sample forum http://www.freepowerboards.com/dhiwa/ Take a look and provide feedback. Checking out Eclipse IRC again
Document Control Tom 9/28/07 Write up text for Aperi document control.
Lessons Learned Follow-up Tom 9/21/07 Put results of Lessons Learned meeting for R0.3 into a table on the wiki with corresponding action items
cvs download statistics Tom 9/18/07 Investigate if we can get any numbers for our source code downloads.
  • Open Forum:
  • Other:
    • Next Meeting - 9/24/07