Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Development Status Meeting 06/09/08

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Dial in numbers:

Toll Free: 877-421-0029 International: 770-615-1246 Passcode: 003399

Attendees:

IBM (Michelle Lowe, Al Heitman, Chris King, Russ Warren, Todd Singleton)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • Al welcomed our new marketing lead, Michelle Lowe, who is taking over for Allen Marin.
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • Still need milestones for Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec. from Brocade. John will provide that soon.
      • Still need milestones for Linux HA Cluster support from Novell. Robert indicated he could provide that in May.
    • Aperi Committers:
      • The following committers still need the legal “paperwork” completed before full committer access is granted.
        • John Crandall
        • Jenny Monesson
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Todd reported a problem with build system and Jerry is working on fixing it. We cannot initiate a build at the moment until this is fixed. Todd will check with Jerry to see if this is fixed; he did not try a build last week.
    • Al will look at the build logs for the 3rd party compile problem.
  • Aperi Downloads:
    • Latest stats
    • May totals are 154 total, with 69 for SAN Simulator and 85 for SRM. Al updated the latest stats last week.
    • June totals to date are 37 total, with 19 for SAN Simulator and 18 for SRM.
    • Aperi webinar
  • Development items/issues:
    • SSO – Todd is writing a browser based sample client along with the documentation for the SSO client which will be used as a starting point for the LIC sample application unit test framework. Todd indicated that the client sample is slightly bigger than planned and sized it at 12 days. Al updated the master schedule and will send to Todd to review.
    • LIC – Dave is still on track for publishing LIC specs in August.
    • SAN Simulator - The code is checked into CVS. Todd completed the build. We need to get committer community to do a code review before we release it. Al will initiate committer code review soon. Ramani is writing the IDVT test plan. Al sent a note to Ramani to get the latest status.
    • Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec – no update. Al will contact John.
    • Linux HA cluster support – no update. Al will contact Robert.
  • IDVT:
  • ID:
    • Chris is working on the ID plan update. He plans to send out for review by the end of June.
    • Chris also completed his review of the SAN Simulator R2 pubs and helps. He sent his feedback to Ramani.
  • Project Schedule:
    • Latest Schedule.
    • Al will review the updates with Todd and Chris and post new version.
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Al 06/27/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. Discussed with Tom last week. Bjorn has a list of mentors we can use. Al to follow up with Bjorn.
Document Control Al 05/29/08 Write up text for Aperi document control. Al will write up a process to get documents reviewed and approved.
  • Other:
  • Open Forum:
    • Al indicated that there will be no meetings on June 30 and July 7 due to Al taking a vacation.
    • Russ Warren (IBM) and Javier Lozano (Yotta Yotta) are working on a Aperi forum to help the community with support. The current practice of using Aperi-dev and/or the aperi-dev archives is not the latest technology to provide this information. The forum would allow for organizing topics, searching, screen captures, etc.