Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Development Status Meeting 05/19/08

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Dial in numbers:

Toll Free: 877-421-0029 International: 770-615-1246 Passcode: 003399

Agenda:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • Still need milestones for Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec. from Brocade. John will provide that soon.
      • Still need milestones for Linux HA Cluster support from Novell. Robert indicated he could provide that in May.
      • Community member, Amudhan Gunasekaran, interested in implementing SMIS Fabric Discovery. He can work through Todd and other committers to get his contribution committed to CVS. He’s still having trouble with the Dev. Environment and working with Todd to get this working. Dave suggested at some point to move to an open build env.
      • Al updated the R5 schedule in the wiki here -> Schedule
    • Aperi Committers:
      • The following committers still need the legal “paperwork” completed before full committer access is granted.
        • John Crandall
        • Jenny Monesson
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • There was no update this week since Todd is out of the office.
  • Aperi Downloads:
  • Development items/issues:
    • LIC – no issues to discuss
    • SAN Simulator - The code is checked into CVS. Ramani is working with Todd to update the build scripts. Ramani indicated that there are no new 3rd party libraries for this contribution and this contribution is in the scope of the original legal approval. Only need to get committer community to do a code review before we release it. Al will initiate committer code review this week. Ramani is writing the IDVT test plan.
    • Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec – John at SNIA SMI face to face this week – no update.
    • Linux HA cluster support – no update.
  • IDVT:
  • ID:
    • Chris is working on the ID plan update. He expects to have the ID plan updated and out for review in the next few weeks.
    • Chris is also reviewing the SAN Simulator updates that Ramani provided. Plans to complete the SAN Simulator ID review this week.
  • Project Schedule:
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Al 06/27/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. Discussed with Tom last week. Bjorn has a list of mentors we can use. Al to follow up with Bjorn.
Document Control Al 05/29/08 Write up text for Aperi document control. Al will write up a process to get documents reviewed and approved.
Post the new tutorials out on Eclipse Live. Al 05/30/08 Al posted 4 of the 5 Aperi demos on Eclipse Live last week. We are still waiting for the SAN Simulator tutorial which is expected on May 9. The media company is having trouble getting SAN Simulator running. Ramani is working with them. Al will post it when it is complete. Al will post the URL’s in the meeting minutes. They are listed under framework demos. Eclipse Live isn’t actually a hosting mechanism, just a link to some other place where they are located. Al will not change the existing links on the Aperi webpages but may add a link to the EclipseLive URLs in addition to what’s there. If anyone has an objection to this, let Al know. You can view ones that have been posted at the following URL’s.
SNIA Scalefest San Simulator Snapshot. Tom 02/29/08 Ramani has the snapshot. Ramani completed the snapshot and can make it available to paying SMI Lab members.
Update Aperi websites Al 06/20/08 Al met with Ryan Doherty and Allen Marin to go over issues with the web-site. Some of the web pages have not been updated for 6 months or more. Al will be updating the web pages to get them current over the next few weeks. Al updated some last week and still has more to do before all pages will be current.