Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Development Status Meeting 04/21/08

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Dial in numbers:

Toll Free: 877-421-0029 International: 770-615-1246 Passcode: 003399

Attendees:

IBM (Al Heitman, Todd Singleton, Russ Warren)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • The schedule is going through some churn with some changes in the estimates and resource availability for some of the work items. Al started working through that last week and will continue this week.
      • Still need milestones for Virtual Fabric / FC Security spec. from Brocade. John indicated he would provide that once he returned to work.
      • Still need milestones for Linux HA Cluster support from Novell. Robert indicated he could provide that the first part of May.
      • Completed Eclipse help estimates with Chris and Dave last week. The GUI coding portion effort was estimated at 6 person weeks – 2 PW for prototyping and 4 PW for the design, code and unit test. Al updated the schedule.
      • Al still needs status from Ramani on the SAN Simulator updates. Al needs to plan for the IDVT phase. Al indicated that unless we get volunteers from the community, we probably won’t be able to complete a formal IDVT test until later in the year. Interim builds are available for download.
    • Aperi Committers:
      • The committer list was trimmed. An active committer group is essential to the success of open source projects. The following folks have been decommitterized due to lack of participation in the Aperi project and committer activities or changed job responsibilities.
        • Anil Degwekar
        • Niraj Jaiswal
        • Alan Yoder
        • Timothy Thompson
        • Brian Hackworth
        • Sreenivasa Potakamuri
        • Khan Tasinga
        • Ophelia Yip
        • Helen Bergin
      • Nominations for the following folks expired accidentally, but have been restored. Both still need the legal “paperwork” completed.
        • John Crandall
        • Jenny Monesson
      • Allen Marin completed his legal process last week and is now a full committer.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status/process
      • Todd ran a build for SAN Simulator.
      • Development environment instructions needs to be updated - Todd is investigating.
      • Aperi builds need to switch to iText PDF library version 1.5.4 - Al submitted a Contribution Questionnaire 2257 to move to this newer version. The CQ was approved. Todd checked in the new iText library and is testing the build.
      • Todd ran into a problem with compilation on the new system. He built the code using the old build system and posted the build artifacts. Todd is driving the investigation of the compilation problem.
  • Aperi Downloads:
  • Development items/issues:
    • Todd met with the Higgins security architect last week to learn more about SSO client and server. Todd may pick one of the Aperi apps for a test bed for SSO client / server prototyping.
  • IDVT:
  • ID:
    • Chris is working on the ID plan update. His goal was to have a draft out this week for review.
  • Project Schedule:
    • The schedule is going through some churn and will be posted once the updates are complete.
    • Latest Schedule.
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Al 03/31/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. ‘’’Changed ownership to Al. Tom will discuss with Al during PM transfer meetings.’’’
Document Control Al 01/29/08 Write up text for Aperi document control. Tom will work with Al to transfer ownership to Al.
Post the new tutorials out on Eclipse Live. Al 03/11/08 Tom talked to Allen M. about posting on Eclipse Live. Tom will work with Al to transfer ownership of this item.
SNIA Scalefest San Simulator Snapshot. Tom 02/29/08 Ramani has the snapshot. Al will get status from Ramani.
Update Aperi websites to help clarify support process Al 03/31/08 Al updated the “Getting Started” web page to indicate support process. Check out the updates here subscribe. Also the project meta-data needed correction. Al completed this last week. There is a new “About this Project” standard page required. Al updated the main web page for the new requirement, however, there are some cosmetic issues with the generated page. Al will work with Eclipse folks to investigate these issues.
iText.jar version Al / Todd 04/21/08 Al submitted CQ 2257 which was approved. Todd checked in new iText.jar 1.5.4. Todd is testing the build. Todd posted the new build.
  • Other:
  • Open Forum:
    • Matt Ward the eclipse webmaster is going to change the full text search settings on our primary databases this weekend, in order to allow searches to find things like JDT,PDT,JSF etc. As such the databases will be unavailable starting at 8pm(EST) Saturday the 26th for about 3 hours. This means that Bugzilla, MyFoundation portal,EclipseWiki,EPIC, Eclipselive and some other pages will be unavailable during this time. If you have any questions please contact Matt Ward at webmaster@eclipse.org.
    • Aperi Community meeting is scheduled for May 1.
    • Next Meeting 04/28/08