Aperi Development Status Meeting 04/07/08

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Dial in numbers:

Toll Free: 877-421-0029 International: 770-615-1246 Passcode: 003399

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Al Heitman, Todd Singleton)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • Need to get development milestones for the following items:
        • Novell for the Linux HA Cluster support.
        • Brocade’s Virtual Fabric / FC security spec. – John and Al are scheduled to meet later today.
        • SSO/LIC has the most schedule detail but need flush out further.
        • Java Help – Met with Chris King last week to get the ID portions complete. Need to work with Dave on source code changes and Todd on the build / Install updates.
        • Need to establish tracking milestones for the external dependencies.
        • SAN Simulator updates are planned. Support is being added for Derby, multiple database instances, DS 6000 and 8000 currency, and support for CIM control functions for ESS. Need to cover IDVT for SAN Simulator. Al will work with Hans to determine plan. There is a meeting scheduled for later today for this.
    • Aperi Committers:
      • Still waiting on candidate paperwork for John Crandall, Allen Marin and Jenny Monesson.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status/process
      • Todd ran an interim build for SAN Simulator. Todd will contact Ramani to see when we need the build. Todd will kick off the build once the code is complete.
  • Aperi Downloads:
  • Development items/issues:
    • Novell Linux HA Cluster – need update from Novell development.
    • Brocade Virtual Fabric and Security Spec. - John is working on writing the base database book for fabric and then will build upon that work. Once that is complete, John will be able to start on the Virtualization piece. Al scheduled a meeting for later today to go over the schedule with John and to gain a better understanding of the work item and milestones.
    • SSO prototype – Todd is tracking to the schedule. He is still looking for a ESS client for testing.
  • IDVT:
    • For SAN Simulator Milestone 0.2 release scheduling, Al set up a meeting with Hans to see if he has cycles to cover this.
    • For Milestone 0.5 release IDVT scheduling, Al will get with Hans on the test prep and IDVT schedule.
    • Test Status
  • ID:
    • Chris is currently working on the ID plan for milestone 5 and should have it out for review later this week or early next.
    • Ramani will send SAN Simulator help and pub updates to Chris for review.
  • Project Schedule:
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Al 03/31/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. ‘’’Changed ownership to Al. Tom will discuss with Al during PM transfer meetings.’’’
Document Control Al 01/29/08 Write up text for Aperi document control. Tom will work with Al to transfer ownership to Al.
Post the new tutorials out on Eclipse Live. Al 03/11/08 Tom talked to Allen M. about posting on Eclipse Live. Tom will work with Al to transfer ownership of this item.
SNIA Scalefest San Simulator Snapshot. Tom 02/29/08 Tom talked to Mike Walker who talked to SNIA folks, no problem with taking a snapshot, however, the snapshot cannot be publish on Aperi. Ok for use by IBM and any other paying plug-fest member companies. Ramani will do snapshot and working on determining if he has the proper access. There was a suggestion to post the snapshot to SMI LAB web space which is only available by paying member companies.
Update Aperi websites to help clarify support process Al 03/31/08 Discussed at 3/3/08 meeting. The website should be updated to make support process clearer. Need to add pointers to aperi-dev registration and instructions to send a note to aperi-dev to get help. Also, we discussed adding a technical FAQ as a further enhancement in the future.
  • Other:
  • Open Forum:
    • John will not be able to attend the next few meetings.