Aperi Development Status Meeting 04/02/07

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Brenda Haynes, Chris King, Dave Wolfe, Hans Lin, Prasenjit Sarkar, Rodica Ciurea, Simona Constantin, Ted Slupesky, Todd Singleton, Tom Guinane)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes (Ted)
    • No notes today
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd)
    • Rodica adding support for Linux GUI, Todd is assisting.
  • Aperi Downloads
    • Latest stats
    • The last piece of pie which is entitled ‘20 with 5 or less’ refers to the twenty countries listed at the bottom of the page that have five or less downloads.
  • Project Schedule:
    • Latest Schedule Updates made in the file.
    • Dave has had some outside interruptions and subsequently is behind with the BIRT reporting work. His team is making progress, integration is complete and checked in, but at this rate, we will need to assist to hold our target availability date. Craig has started helping out and Dave will come up with a revised schedule. Tom will call a meeting to review on Tuesday. Will also have to synch up with Hans and Chris to make sure test and ID can contain.
    • Prasenjit requested to move the DB views out of R0.3. No objections were raised.
    • Prasenjit has seen some issues with DB2 during test. He will work with Hans to resolve these defects this week.
    • Todd requested to move the CBE/WEF event generation coding work out to R0.4. No objections were raised.
    • Simona has completed fixing the backlog of R0.1 GUI defects. She is awaiting a tape drive from Hans in order to complete her testing.
  • IDVT
    • Test Status
    • Key defects:
    • Hans has asked when the RCP GUI for Linux will be part of the nightly build. Rodica mentioned that the delta pack needs to be on the build machine or it will break. Todd will move it out there and then Rodica will check in her modification. The nightly build should have the Linux RCP GUI in by Tuesday.
  • ID
  • Action Items
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Third Party Dependency Questionnaire Tom ongoing Questionnaires submitted 9/6. - Utilizing the IP Log to track the individual IPZilla entries for each Third Party Contribution Questionnaire. See IP Log section below for new updates on this.
Obtain two mentors Ted  ? Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors from the Eclipse Architecture Council. The AC is listed here:

http://www.eclipse.org/org/foundation/council.php but Tom has asked Bjorn for larger candidate list.

Investigate technology to run the webcast and demo Tom 4/9/07
  • Other:
    • Next Meeting will be on Monday, April 9th
  • Open Forum
    • The team agreed to holding a live webcast of Aperi. This would be an online session with a few charts and a demo of the code. The audience would be anyone in our mailing lists as well as any contacts picked up at SNW in two weeks. The people manning the Aperi booth will mention this to the conference attendees who come ot he boot and get their email addresses. We would hold this webcast a few weeks after SNW. Tom will look into the technology required to run this.