Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Development Status Meeting 03/31/08

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Dial in numbers:

Toll Free: 877-421-0029 International: 770-615-1246 Passcode: 003399

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Al Heitman, Chris King, Todd Singleton)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • The Technical Roadmap version 8 has been approved. Thanks to everyone who contributed and voted.
      • Need to get development milestones for the following items:
        • Novell for the Linux HA Cluster support.
        • Brocade’s Virtual Fabric / FC security spec.
        • SSO/LIC has the most schedule detail but need flush out further.
        • Java Help – Met with Chris King last week to get the ID portions complete. Need to work with development on the coding portions and install changes.
        • Need to establish milestones and close on the external dependencies.
        • SAN Simulator updates are planned. Support is being added for Derby, multiple database instances, DS 6000 and 8000 currency, and support for CIM control functions for ESS. Need to cover IDVT for SAN Simulator. Al will work with Hans to determine plan.
    • Aperi Committers:
      • Tom worked with Eclipse Control last week to transition PM authority to Al.
      • Still waiting on candidate paperwork for John Crandall, Allen Marin and Jenny Monesson.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status/process
      • Todd set up additional folks who can initiate a build and had a meeting to go over process.
      • Todd will ping Ramani about the SAN Simulator code completion for the 0.2 milestone. Todd will kick off the build once the code is complete. The target is 3/31 for code complete.
  • Aperi Downloads:
  • Development items/issues:
    • Novell Linux HA Cluster – need update from Novell development.
    • Brocade Virtual Fabric and Security Spec. - John has the model complete. He is working on writing the base database book for fabric and then will build upon that work. Once that is complete, John will be able to start on the Virtualization piece. Al will schedule a meeting for 3pm Pacific on Thursday to go over the schedule with John and to gain a better understanding of the work item and milestones.
    • SSO prototype – Todd
      • Todd made progress on SDS service.
      • He is still looking for a client for testing – investigating KAZ prototype, too many issues around that, looking for something more stable. Al will send Todd an individualized schedule.
  • IDVT:
    • For SAN Simulator Milestone 0.2 release scheduling, Al will set up a meeting with Hans to see if he has cycles to cover this.
    • For Milestone 0.5 release IDVT scheduling, Al will get with Hans on the test prep and IDVT schedule.
    • Test Status
  • ID:
    • Chris is working on ID plan updates. Chris will consult with Dave on LIC/SSO development and then update the plan later this week.
    • Ramani will send SAN Simulator help and pub updates to Chris for review.
  • Project Schedule:
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Al 03/31/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. ‘’’Changed ownership to Al. Tom will discuss with Al during PM transfer meetings.’’’
Document Control Al 01/29/08 Write up text for Aperi document control. Tom will work with Al to transfer ownership to Al.
Post the new tutorials out on Eclipse Live. Al 03/11/08 Tom talked to Allen M. about posting on Eclipse Live. Tom will work with Al to transfer ownership of this item.
SNIA Scalefest San Simulator Snapshot. Tom 02/29/08 Tom talked to Mike Walker who talked to SNIA folks, no problem with taking a snapshot, however, the snapshot cannot be publish on Aperi. Ok for use by IBM and any other paying plug-fest member companies. Ramani will do snapshot and working on determining if he has the proper access. There was a suggestion to post the snapshot to SMI LAB web space which is only available by paying member companies.
Update Aperi websites to help clarify support process Al 03/31/08 Discussed at 3/3/08 meeting. The website should be updated to make support process clearer. Need to add pointers to aperi-dev registration and instructions to send a note to aperi-dev to get help. Also, we discussed adding a technical FAQ as a further enhancement in the future.
  • Other:
    • EclipseCon 2008
      • EclipseCon 2008, March 17-20 in Santa Clara, CA. Program
      • Accepted Aperi talks:
        • SAN Simulator - Session #437 (Ramani) on Tuesday March 18th, 2008 4:10pm.
        • Aperi: Open Storage Management - Session #479 (Todd) on Wednesday March 19th, 2008 1:40pm.
      • Aperi poster submission: Session #513
    • DMTF alliance summit
      • John would like to do more next year in the partner alliance section for the Eclipse Aperi project. This conference is open to everyone and is an annual event.
    • 2008 SNIA Storage Developer Conference:
      • Sept 22-25, 2008, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Santa Clara, CA
      • Call for Presentations
      • Deadline for Submission of Proposals - Friday, March 28
      • Martine will discuss with Dave to decide if they can attend/present. Al will get an update from Martine.
    • Next Meeting 04/07/08
  • Open Forum: