Aperi Development Status Meeting 03/24/08

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Dial in numbers:

Toll Free: 877-421-0029 International: 770-615-1246 Passcode: 003399

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Al Heitman, Chris King, Martine Wedlake, Todd Singleton, Tom Guinane, Russ Warren)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • Updated roadmap presented at the Feb. community meeting. The roadmap was submitted for approval on 3/12. Approval process ends today 3/24. Please submit your vote if you have not done so.
      • Plan to continue work on project schedule this week.
    • Aperi Committers:
      • Tom will transition PM authority this week.
      • Still waiting on candidate paperwork for John Crandall, Allen Marin and Jenny Monesson.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status/process
      • Todd is in the process of setting up additional folks who can launch a build. Todd has set up a meeting to discuss with Hans, Dave, and Al. Todd posted a new copy of an interim build for the SAN Simulator.
  • Aperi Downloads:
  • Development items/issues:
    • no updates
  • IDVT:
  • ID:
  • Project Schedule:
    • Latest Schedule.
    • Al working on the schedule update for milestone 0.5 release.
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Al 03/31/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. ‘’’Changed ownership to Al. Tom will discuss with Al during PM transfer meetings.’’’
Document Control Al 01/29/08 Write up text for Aperi document control. Tom will work with Al to transfer ownership to Al.
Post the new tutorials out on Eclipse Live. Al 03/11/08 Tom talked to Allen M. about posting on Eclipse Live. Tom will work with Al to transfer ownership of this item.
SNIA Scalefest San Simulator Snapshot. Tom 02/29/08 Tom talked to Mike Walker who talked to SNIA folks, no problem with taking a snapshot, however, the snapshot cannot be publish on Aperi. Ok for use by IBM and any other paying plug-fest member companies. Ramani will do snapshot and working on determining if he has the proper access. There was a suggestion to post the snapshot to SMI LAB web space which is only available by paying member companies.
Update Aperi websites to help clarify support process Al 03/31/08 Discussed at 3/3/08 meeting. The website should be updated to make support process clearer. Need to add pointers to aperi-dev registration and instructions to send a note to aperi-dev to get help. Also, we discussed adding a technical FAQ as a further enhancement in the future.
  • Other:
    • EclipseCon 2008
      • Todd said Eclipse Con went well and attendance was high. Ramani gave talk on Tues. and Todd gave his presentation on Wed. They did a poster session which had good attendance and lots of interest and questions.
    • 2008 SNIA Storage Developer Conference:
      • Sept 22-25, 2008, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Santa Clara, CA
      • Call for Presentations
      • Deadline for Submission of Proposals - Friday, March 28
      • Martine to get with Dave to see if Aperi would like to attend/present.
    • DMTF alliance summit
      • John indicated this was going on this week.
    • Next Meeting 03/31/08
  • Open Forum:
    • no new topics