Aperi Development Status Meeting 03/12/07

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Brenda Haynes, Craig Laverone, Chris King, Christoph Reichert, Dave Wolfe, Hans Lin, Rodica Ciurea, Simona Constantin, Steven Lieske, Ted Slupesky, Tom Guinane)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes (Ted)
    • EclipseCon:
      • Ted, Todd, and Tom attended various sessions during the week
      • Interesting project presentations and on the IP Process
      • Met up with COSMOS folks
      • Met with John Crandall and John Tyrrell during the week
      • Todd gave short talk on Aperi that was very good. People came up afterward to talk about technical problems re: GUI, etc.
      • The conference presentations are available on web - http://www.eclipsecon.org/2007/index.php?page=sub/&id=all
  • Release Engineer Notes (Ted for Todd)
    • The new GUI build has been integrated into the build.
    • New build is running OK, but it is no longer sending out notifications to the aperi-dev mailing list. Ted will set up a separate mailing list for anyone who wants to receive the notifications
  • Aperi Downloads
    • Latest stats
    • The Bugzillas for the statistics were fixed last last week. Next weeks numbers will include download statistics over time.
  • Project Schedule:
    • Latest Schedule Updates made in the file.
    • Dave’s new GUI design is on the wiki - http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Aperi/architecture
    • Novell – Four machines running with Friday’s build; running probe, outband discovery, able to get topology info from inband scanner – currently unable to do topology scans – executables getting a seg fault. Wants to do demo with virtual machines and HBA. Craig assisting.
    • Eclipse changes to the process – 250 line guideline for deciding on major vs minor code ccontributions – Ted reads that it applies to contributions received through Bugzilla and other contributors and not necessarily via the committers.
    • John is working on CIM 215. How do we align to CIM Releases? John’s practice is to take the latest CIM MOFs before alpha and integrate into the tree. Should we do the same? Ted will add this to Wednesday’s topic list.
  • IDVT
    • Test Status
    • IDVT on target
    • Key defects: none this week
  • ID
    • Release Notes
    • This link is currently the same place that the new Release Notes will be located.
  • Action Items
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Third Party Dependency Questionnaire Tom ongoing Questionnaires submitted 9/6. - Utilizing the IP Log to track the individual IPZilla entries for each Third Party Contribution Questionnaire. See IP Log section below for new updates on this.
Obtain two mentors Ted  ? Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors from the Eclipse Architecture Council. Tom to put out candidate list on aperi-dev
  • Other:
    • Eclipse Con March 5-8 2007, Santa Clara Convention Center: http://www.eclipsecon.org/2007/
      • Members Meeting
      • Todd's short talk
      • Experts Lounge on Wednesday morning
      • Other observations
    • Next Meeting will be March 12th
  • Open Forum
    • John having problem trying to log in to Aperi. He installed Aperi, but having a Windows domain account problem logging in. Trying to find out where the issue is located.