Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Development Status Meeting 03/10/08

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Dial in numbers:

Toll Free: 877-421-0029 International: 770-615-1246 Passcode: 003399

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Al Heitman, Todd Singleton, Chris King, Hans Lin), LSI (Jenny Monesson)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • Updated roadmap presented at the community meeting. Need to start the approval process. Tom and Al will work on that as the PM role transitions to Al. Target 3/11.
    • Aperi Committers:
      • Al will get update from Tom. Tom will keep PM authority until the week of March 24.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status/process
      • Todd is in the process of setting up additional folks who can launch a build. Todd is going to set up meeting to discuss with Hans, Dave, and Al.
  • Aperi Downloads:
    • Tom showed Al how to update this. Thanks Tom! Feb totals were 182 total, 110 SRM, and 72 SAN Simulator.
    • Latest stats
    • Aperi webinar
  • Development items/issues:
    • no updates this week
  • IDVT:
  • ID:
    • no updates this week
  • Project Schedule:
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Al 03/31/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. ‘’’Changed ownership to Al. Tom will discuss with Al during PM transfer meetings.’’’
Document Control Al 01/29/08 Write up text for Aperi document control. Tom will work with Al to transfer ownership to Al.
Post the new tutorials out on Eclipse Live. Al 03/11/08 Tom talked to Allen M. about posting on Eclipse Live. Tom will work with Al to transfer ownership of this item.
SNIA Scalefest San Simulator Snapshot. Tom 02/29/08 Tom talked to Mike Walker who talked to SNIA folks, no problem with taking a snapshot, however, the snapshot cannot be publish on Aperi. Ok for use by IBM and any other paying plug-fest member companies. Ramani will do snapshot and working on determining if he has the proper access. There was a suggestion to post the snapshot to SMI LAB web space which is only available by paying member companies.
Update Aperi websites to help clarify support process Al 03/31/08 Discussed at 3/3/08 meeting. The website should be updated to make support process clearer. Need to add pointers to aperi-dev registration and instructions to send a note to aperi-dev to get help. Also, we discussed adding a technical FAQ as a further enhancement in the future.
  • Other:
    • EclipseCon 2008
      • EclipseCon 2008, March 17-20 in Santa Clara, CA. Program
      • Accepted Aperi talks:
        • SAN Simulator - Session #437 (Ramani) on Tuesday March 18th, 2008 4:10pm.
        • Aperi: Open Storage Management - Session #479 (Todd) on Wednesday March 19th, 2008 1:40pm.
      • Aperi poster submission: Session #513
    • DMTF alliance summit
      • March 25-28, 2008
      • Dave will check with Martine to see if we want to do something for this.
    • 2008 SNIA Storage Developer Conference:
      • Sept 22-25, 2008, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Santa Clara, CA
      • Call for Presentations
      • Deadline for Submission of Proposals - Friday, March 28
      • Dave check with Martine to see if Aperi would like to attend/present.
    • Next Meeting 03/24/08 Canceling meeting on 03/17 since Eclipse Con is next week and several folks will be out of the office.
  • Open Forum:
    • no items this week.