Aperi Development Status Meeting 02/26/07

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Craig Laverone, Chris King, Dave Wolfe, Hans Lin, Khan Tasinga, Prasenjit Sarkar, Rodica Ciurea, Simona Constantin, Ted Slupesky, Todd Singleton, Tom Guinane), LSI (Jenny Monesson)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes (Ted)
    • Use of Europa (Eclipse 3.3) for Aperi R4.
      • Agreed to synch up with Europa. One person, Ted, will go first to try it and get the bugs out. Then everyone else can update their IDE.
        • Tom to put tasks in schedule to reflect this
    • Eclipse Con next week
      • Todd short talk on Wednesday,
      • Ted at Eclipse Con next week
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd)
    • Making good process on build – swapping out old GUI and adding new RCP GUI
      • Make build more conducive to Linux
      • May need to move to a later version of Linux for the build
      • Need to support later versions of gcc
      • Ted to put topic on agenda for Wednesday for more discussion
  • Aperi Downloads
    • There is a problem with the Eclipse download counting mechanism. Bugzilla 173144 was opened to address it. Until this problem is resolved, we are not running any download statistics.
  • Project Schedule:
    • Latest Schedule Updates made in the file.
      • Phase 3 code – DB: Prasenjit working on bug Hans found. He expects to have it working by the end of this week and the DB work completed by next Monday.
      • IRA for Omegamon: Hans wants to swap some tasks around. End date is the same. He will get with Tom.
      • Simona needs to create zone switches to complete unit test. Hans to obtain time on his borrowed machine for her.
  • IDVT
    • Test Status
      • Hans is resuming IDVT this week (2 days) and will have an updated S-Curve to match the schedule for next Monday.
  • ID
  • Action Items
]-
Item Owner Target Status
Third Party Dependency Questionnaire Tom ongoing Questionnaires submitted 9/6. - Utilizing the IP Log to track the individual IPZilla entries for each Third Party Contribution Questionnaire.
  • Other:
    • Eclipse Con March 5-8 2007, Santa Clara Convention Center:
      • http://www.eclipsecon.org/2007/
      • Committer Boot Camp, Sunday, March 4th, 2007 1pm to 5pm
        • Tom to attend
      • Members Meeting, Monday, March 5th, 2007 1pm to 5pm (reception 6pm-8pm)
        • Ted and Tom to attend
        • Tom to send information on this to John
      • Remaining KEY DATES:
        • March 1st - Late registration deadline
      • Todd and Ted are registered; Todd's short talk is on Wednesday; they will be in the Meet the Experts Lounge on Wednesday morning as well
    • Next Meeting will be March 5th
  • Open Forum


==============
Annual Eclipse Members Meeting and Committers Boot camp - Detailed Agenda 

1. New Committer Boot Camp Sunday, March 4th, 1:00-5:00pm

Agenda

  • Eclipse Development Process - Bjorn Freeman-Benson and Ward Cunningham
  • Licensing and IP Process – Janet Campbell, Manager of IP Process at Eclipse Foundation
  • Community Building – Ian Skerrett and Donald Smith – Eclipse Foundation

2. New Member Jumpstart Meeting Monday, March 5th, 9:30-11:30am

Agenda

  • Role of the Eclipse Foundation
  • Community Governance at Eclipse
  • Project Structure

3. Annual Eclipse Members’ Meeting Monday, March 5th, 1:30-5:30pm

Agenda

  • Welcome and Introductions
  • Invited Speaker: ‘Eclipse- A View from Wall Street’ – Brent Williams, Wall Street Analyst
  • Invited Speaker: ‘Changing the Economics’ – James Governor, Industry Analyst, Redmonk
  • Executive Director Report – Mike Milinkovich, Executive Director of the Eclipse Foundation
  • Project Updates
  • Invited Speaker: ‘Eclipse by the Numbers’ – John Andrews, CEO, Evans Data Research

4. Members’ Reception – Monday, March 5th, 6:00-8:00pm