Aperi Development Status Meeting 02/25/08

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

IBM (Al Heitman, Chris King, Hans Lin, Martine Wedlake, Tom Guinane, Todd Singleton)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • Should have updated roadmap out shortly for vote – working on schedule
      • We are still closing on 1 remaining item. There is a meeting scheduled for tomorrow to close on that. Once that is closed, we will proceed with trying to get the roadmap approved. Originally, we wanted to have the 2008 roadmap ready for community meeting this week. We now plan to rollout at March community meeting. The roadmap is shaping up to have some deliveries in 2Q and 4Q like last year.
    • Eclipse Webinar
      • no updates this week
      • As a sample, one of the recent webinars is here
    • Aperi Committers:
      • Three folks have been voted in as committers. The process is now in the “paper-work” phase.
      • The voting is still open for Al as Project Lead.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status
    • Build process
      • Todd has the build working with the new build service. He is in the process of setting up additional folks who can launch a build. This build does both SRM and SAN Simulator builds.
      • Jerry committer status is complete.
  • Aperi Downloads:
    • Latest stats – no changes.
    • Aperi webinar
    • They will be updated next week for the monthly totals. So far, this month, there have been 147 downloads with 84 for SRM and 63 for San Simulator.
  • Development items/issues:
    • no updates this week
  • IDVT:
  • ID: – no updates
  • Project Schedule:
    • Latest Schedule.
    • There are no changes to schedule, yet. We are still working on closing roadmap.
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Tom 03/31/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. ‘’’Tom to talk to potential candidates at EclipseCon in March. May transfer to Al if he takes over the PM role.’’’
Document Control Tom 01/29/08 Write up text for Aperi document control. Expect to transfer to Al if he takes over the PM role.
Post the new tutorials out on Eclipse Live. Tom 02/29/08 Tom has sent note to Allen.
Tom to talk to Mike Walker to get the OK to take snapshot at plugfest. Can we post the snapshot to Aperi or possibly to the SNIA site? Tom 02/29/08 Tom sent note to Mike Walker; no response yet, so Tom will send a reminder. Plugfest is 3/3, so this is rather urgent.
  • Other:
    • Next Meeting 03/03/08
    • EclipseCon 2008
      • EclipseCon 2008, March 17-20 in Santa Clara, CA. Program
      • Accepted Aperi talks:
        • SAN Simulator - Session #437 (Ramani) on Tuesday March 18th, 2008 4:10pm.
        • Aperi: Open Storage Management - Session #479 (Todd) on Wednesday March 19th, 2008 1:40pm.
        • Presentations have been posted to EclispseCon website. Tom has tested the links and was able to download them.
      • Aperi poster submission: Session #513
        • We have an 8’ wide by 4’ tall poster for this. Todd and Ramani are working on the poster.
  • Open Forum:
    • Martine working on a proof of concept demo to hook up COSMOS with Aperi. Details at eleven. – no update this week.
    • If Al gets voted in as PM, Tom will get started on committer and project lead authority and work on transition plans later this week.