Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Development Status Meeting 02/18/08

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

IBM (Al Heitman, Dave Wolfe, Hans Lin, Martine Wedlake, Todd Singleton, Tom Guinane)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • Tom is leaving the Aperi project for another project in IBM. This new assignment is full time and Tom will not be able to lead the Aperi Project. The Aperi project will need a new project lead to take over from Tom. Eclipse project manager is a voted position. Tom discussed with Bjorn a proposal to recommend Al Heitman for Aperi PM. Al has worked in IBM Storage SW/HW for 20 years and was one of the lead developers for original Aperi contribution. Al has been in Project Management for the last 1.5 years and has experience with the IBM product development process including the IBM internal open source approval process. This experience will help Al to do the Eclipse Open Source IP work as well which is part of the Aperi PM responsibilities. Dave and Todd indicated support for Al. Tom will put Al’s name forward to the committer team to vote on as the Aperi project lead. Tom thanked everyone for the last few years for the great work on the Aperi project.
    • No progress on action Items
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • Should have updated roadmap out shortly for vote – working on schedule
    • Eclipse Webinar
      • no updates this week
      • As a sample, one of the recent webinars is here
    • Aperi Committers:
      • Currently 2 votes outstanding.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status
    • Build process
      • Jerry still getting access to CVS. Tom has been working with Eclipse folks to complete Jerry’s access. Todd is working on the extract process for build and working on building the native code. Things are going well.
  • Development items/issues:
    • no updates this week
  • ID: – no updates
  • Project Schedule:
    • Latest Schedule. – No updates on project schedule for this week. We’ll be working 1 on 1 with folks to build schedule in the next week. Look for meeting invites.
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Tom 03/31/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. ‘’’Tom to talk to potential candidates at EclipseCon in March.’’’
Document Control Tom 01/29/08 Write up text for Aperi document control.
Post the new tutorials out on Eclipse Live. Tom 02/29/08 need status
Tom to talk to Mike Walker to get the OK to take snapshot at plugfest. Can we post the snapshot to Aperi or possibly to the SNIA site? Tom 02/29/08 need status
  • Other:
    • Next Meeting 02/25/08
    • EclipseCon 2008
      • EclipseCon 2008, March 17-20 in Santa Clara, CA. Program
      • Accepted Aperi talks:
        • SAN Simulator - Session #437 (Ramani) on Tuesday March 18th, 2008 4:10pm.
        • Aperi: Open Storage Management - Session #479 (Tom) on Wednesday March 19th, 2008 1:40pm.
        • Todd will take short session and poster at EclipseCon. Ramani submitted his presentation. Tom submitted Todds presentation last week
      • Aperi poster submission: Session #513
        • We have an 8’ wide by 4’ tall poster for this. Ramani sent power-point presentation material which the team can update. Ramani can print out the powerpoint presentation on large paper 4’x8’ which happens to be the size of our EclipseCon poster.
  • Open Forum:
    • Martine working on a proof of concept demo to hook up COSMOS with Aperi. Details at eleven. – no update this week.