Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Development Status Meeting 02/11/08

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Meetings Aperi Development Meetings

Attendees:

Brocade (John Crandall), IBM (Al Heitman, Dave Wolfe, Chris King, Hans Lin, Martine Wedlake, Ramani Routray, Tom Guinane), LSI (Jenny Monesson)

Minutes:

  • Project Leader Notes:
    • Al Heitman has joined the team. Al has been an IBM developer and project manager in the storage area for over 10 years. We look forward to his contributions to the Aperi team.
    • 2008 planning (R0.5)
      • All the line item owners have been contacted. All the timeframes are closed except two and they will be able to provide timeframes on those this week. So, by next meeting we can go over the target 2008 roadmap and start putting it to a vote.
    • Eclipse Webinar
      • The Foundation is looking for projects interested in presenting their work to the community through an Eclipse webinar. They are currently booking dates in the spring and summer, and would like to open this opportunity to all the projects.
      • As a webinar presenter, we would be responsible for preparing and delivering a 40-45 minute technical presentation and demo, and for answering 15 minutes of questions at the end of the live webinar. The only other time commitment would be a 15 minute test call 2 days before the live event.
      • As a sample, one of the recent webinars is here
        • Post the new tutorials out on Eclipse Live? We get more exposure and we can also track usage. – Team is OK with this.
    • Aperi Committers:
      • Congratulations to John Crandall from Brocade as our newest Aperi committer! John was voted in by the team and was approved by our PMO Bjorn as well. John has been with the Aperi project since the inception. He has participated weekly in our development team meetings providing input and direction in a variety of areas. John is currently developing the specification for Virtual Fabric and FC Security. John is also involved in our related standards organization, SNIA, and has provided appropriate standards information and guidance to the team.
  • Release Engineer Notes (Todd):
    • Build status
    • Build process
      • Jerry Williams has been approved as our build person. We should expect the build process cutover in a week or two.
  • Development items/issues:
    • Standards - Martine sent out another reminder to aperi-dev listing the participants for each workgroup. He will send a kickoff email to each group this Friday and they will decide on their meeting arrangements.
  • ID: – no updates
  • Project Schedule:
  • Action Items:
Item Owner Target Status
Obtain two mentors Tom 03/31/08 Per new development process rules, we need to obtain two project mentors. Harm Sluiman is one. ‘’’Tom to talk to potential candidates at EclipseCon in March.’’’
Document Control Tom 01/29/08 Write up text for Aperi document control.
  • Other:
    • Next Meeting 02/18/08
    • EclipseCon 2008
      • EclipseCon 2008, March 17-20 in Santa Clara, CA. Program
      • Accepted Aperi talks:
        • SAN Simulator - Session #437 (Ramani) on Tuesday March 18th, 2008 4:10pm.
        • Aperi: Open Storage Management - Session #479 (Tom) on Wednesday March 19th, 2008 1:40pm.
        • The talks are almost ready. Tom and Ramani will post for the Aperi community to review. Feedback will be needed by mid week as the slides need to be submitted to Eclipse by the end of this week.
      • Aperi poster submission: Session #513
        • We have an 8’ wide by 4’ tall poster for this. The suggestion is to carve it up into thirds, with the top third as the project name with overview slides. The bottom third will be split for the SRM and for the SAN Simulator. Pin up an overview slide or architecture diagram and a few enlarged screen shots.
  • Open Forum:
    • At the March plugfest, SNIA will be trying to create a large lab at the tech center. They plan to create more LUNs on devices and merge some fabrics together. This would be an excellent opportunity to use Aperi to capture the environment and also have the SAN Simulator take a snapshot of it.
      • Tom to talk to Mike Walker to get the OK to do this. Can we post the snapshot to Aperi or possibly to the SNIA site?
    • Martine working on a proof of concept demo to hook up COSMOS with Aperi. Details at eleven.