Agenda and minutes for Community meeting February 28, 2008

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Aperi Wiki Home Aperi Community Meetings

Contents

Agenda

  • Marketing- discuss upcoming Storage Network World (Orlando) plans and status
  • Planning - Roadmap plans and project status update slides
  • Open Software and Standards Projects - discuss workgroups and timelines, discuss COSMOS project/Aperi involvement

Attendees:

Company Attendees
Brocade Absent
CA Absent
Cisco Absent
Emulex Absent
LSI Absent
Fujitsu Absent
IBM Russ Warren, Allen Marin, Martine Wedlake, Tom Guinane, Al Heitman
NetApp Absent
Novell Absent
YottaYotta Javier Lozano

Minutes:

Introduction/Agenda - Russ Warren


Marketing- discuss upcoming Storage Network World (Orlando) plans and status – Allen Marin

  • Refer to SNW Planning Dashboard
  • Secured booth 8x4 booth similar to last fall, Submitted logo, profile, who/what/contacto info, etc.
  • Allen has access to comp passes. If you have customers

that could use them, please let Allen know soon. All companies have PO's in except IBM. Allen working on getting that complete.

  • Allen has a box of Aperi tri-folds to pass out at the booth.
  • We have 1K funding for logo’d trinkets to pass out. Pass any suggestions to Allen.
  • Need to start populating the schedule for manning the booth. Allen carved up the time into 90 minute segments.


Planning - Roadmap plans and project status update slides - Tom Guinane and Al Heitman

  • Tom has a new assignment in IBM, Al Heitman has been nominated and approved as the new Aperi Project Manager.
  • Al and Tom will be transitioning the PM role.
  • Tom and Al have been working on updating the Roadmap.
  • Refer to slides
  • Slide 3 shows where we are at in the roadmap process. We are basically ready to put the updated roadmap out for community vote.
  • Slide 4 shows updated roadmap. We have a point release in 2Q08 for SRM support of Linux HA Cluster. Virtual Fabric / FC security spec also planned for 2Q08. For the interoperability initiative, we have a 3 phased approach:
    • 2Q08 architecture / spec.s / descriptor format
    • 3Q08 have prototype and Unit test framework
    • 1Q09 Milestone 5 release which exploits SSO/LIC integrated with a vendor app.


Open Software and Standards Projects - discuss workgroups and timelines, discuss COSMOS project/Aperi involvement - Martine Wedlake

  • Martine discussed several workgroups, their purpose and timelines. Refer to Aperi Open Standards Worgroups
    • Aperi Launch in Context Enablement Workgroup – formed to create standard mechanism to enable registration and discovery of device launch points - Meets every other Wednesday starting March 5, 2008, 1-2pm PT/4-5pm ET Aperi Launch In Context Enablement Workgroup
    • Production Ready Task Force Workgroup – formed to work with SNIA PRTF to improve CIM/SMI-S to meet the needs fo real-world solution - Meets every other Friday starting February 29, 2008 from 1-2pm PT / 4-5pm ET Aperi SNIA Production Ready Task Force Workgroup
    • Aperi CMDB Integration – formed to work with CMDB federation and COSMOS to help define CMDB structure and interfaces leveraging our experiences with the Aperi repository – Meets every other Wednesday starting March 5, 2008 1-2pm PT/4-5pm ET Aperi CMDB Integration Workgroup


Action items:

  • Allen will work with SNW participants to fill in schedule for manning the SNW booth at SNW Spring
  • Al H and Tom will submit the updated roadmap for approval vote
  • Russ will set up next meeting and send out invitations