- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-08-02
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-08-02
John L, David W, Raghu S, Larry I, Bob F, Jess G, Kayolen R, Neil H, Larry D, Carl A, Konstantin K, Chuck B, Nitin D, Tim D
- Bugzilla officially upgraded to 3.0. New Keyword requested: noteworthy. New resolution requested: NOT_ECLIPSE
- CVS and Bugzilla will be disabled, as well as write access to every other aspect of the eclipse site at 2:00pm EST for no more than 2 hours.
- Eclipse Members Meeting Registration
- Please review this proposal to refactor the WTP projects. The releng component may need some tweaking, other than that, ask David any questions.
- Progress on Bug Backlog To Do's (Maybe we should add a date to the query to only show true backlog bugs?)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs (7/26/07 - 256; Currently ~236 )
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached (7/26/07 - 134; Currently ~124 )
- Untargeted Enhancements Add "helpwanted" keyword if not in plan. (7/26/07 - 550; Currently ~496 )
- Bugs which need to be updated from the closed remind or later state
- Community outreach Bug Day. Nitin - It was a good experiment, hope to get more participation next time. Thanks to Cameron for helping. Remember the bug day bugs should of more of a trivial nature to get these potential contributors started. Next one is August 31st.
- For information on the iterative gathering and defining of requirements for this release, see the WTP 3.0 Requirements Wiki.
- Web Tools Platform Release 3.0 Requirements - Defines the overall themes and structure for capturing component requirements.
- Let's review the submitted features and logged enhancement requests in bugzilla as updated in the requirements document for this release.
- Team Leads should update their status on this page.
- August 7th - We will sign off on component lead and committer input and take forward for community review.
- Planning - The next step will be WTP 3.0 planning, and we expect this to be ongoing through end of August and middle of September with feedback from community taken into consideration.
- By ownership, this means you are responsible for sanity checking the current suite of tests, ensuring they are proper in timeliness and accuracy, and then making sure each week there are no regressions and that they are still running properly.
- Performance Test Owners
- wst-common - Konstantin
- wst-css - Nitin
- wst-html - Nitin
- wst-server - Angel
- wst-wsdl - Valentin
- wst-xml - Nitin
- wst-xsd - Valentin
- jst-j2ee - Carl
- jst-jsp - Nitin
- jst-server-tomcat - Angel
- jst-ws - Seng
- jst-jsf - Raghu - to be added in 3.0
- jpt - Neil - to be added in 3.0
- Latest Results
- WTP 2.0
- Known Issues
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Web Service tests still do not present results.
- There is a test which is hanging and needs to be manually killed. Believe it is the ValidateOAGISXSDTestcase. Opened 197862.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run performance suites in the workspace before checking in code
- M1 Schedule?
July 2007 - August 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 06
EMF + GEF M1
Thumbs Up Test
Declare WTP 3.0 M1? Is this feasible?
- In order to deliver an M1, we'll need to look at breaking internally used API changes from the platform, tomcat changes, plug-in dependency ranges, tabbed properties view changes, and decide on a branching strategy. Is this feasible by August 24th?
- As we go forward, we will have to discuss how we can reduce the two week lag between eclipse platform milestone and the WTP milestone?
- Bug Lists
- 3.0 M1 Targeted Bugzilla Enhancements (~4)
- All Remaining 3.0 Targeted Enhancements (~112)
- 3.0 M1 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~13)
- 3.0 M1 Hot Bug Requests (~2)
- 3.0 M1 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 3.0 M1 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 M1 JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~0)
- 3.0 M1 JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~0)
- 3.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~3) By Assignee
- 3.0 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~12)
- 3.0 Total JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~0)
- Remember 2 votes are required for PMC approval for 1.5.5.
- Aug 10 RC1
- Aug 17 RC2 (only if needed for blocking bugs or major regressions)
- Aug 24
- Aug 31 1.5.5 GA
- Aug 10 RC1
- If you fix a 1.5.5 bug, please open a separate 2.0.1 bug.
- Build Status
- JUnits - all passing
- JEM issue - resolved
- No declared 1.5.5 build this week.
- Feature Updates - Most are complete but some plug-ins need to update their service fields, like server.core. This may impact if the feature needs updated.
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.5 (~1)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~4)
- 1.5.5 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 1.5.5 Blockers, Criticals (~5)
- 1.5.5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~20)
- 1.5.5 Total Bugs Fixed (~58)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~65)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
- Schedule - Details...
- Aug 03 M Build
- Aug 17 M Build
- Aug 31 M Build
- Sept 07 RC1 (PMC approval 2 votes)
- Sept 14 RC2 (PMC approval 2 votes)
- Sept 21 (if necessary, PMC approval 3 votes)
- Sept 28 2.0.1 GA
- Aug 03 M Build
- Are we clear on branching policy and strategy? Apparently not. :-) Result of discussion is we will table branching until we have the 3.0 plans in place. Note that JPT has already branched.
- All the JST and WST stuff that was part of WTP 2.0 was tagged with a version of R2_0_0. Similarly, JSF and JPT with R1_0_0.
- The releng project is branched to R2_0_maintenance, and JSF and JPT are branched to R1_0_maintenance. Please use these branches for your associated plug-ins, respectively.
- David is working on creating a best practices and policies for branching as a start to incrementally make progress on effectively solving this problem.
- Build Status
- JUnits - All passing.
- Please smoke test the latest 2.0.1 M Build to declare this week's 2.0.1 build.
- Bug Lists
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~99)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~0)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~738)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3329)
- All WTP Future Bugs (~30)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~227)
- All API Requests (~9)
- Logged bug 197910 to track work for the modernization of the download pages.
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- Working on 1.0.1 bug fixes
- Planning for 2.0
- Design/POC for 2.0
API Violations Review
- Visit latest build for current API violations.
- Action 1 = For any violation, open a bug to request API or fix code to not use internal discouraged access. An example is using images or labels from other plugins, these should be copied into your plugin. Also, using internal classes instead of the API interfaces.
- Action 2 = If you do have a clean plugin of API violations/discourage access, switch prereq ranges wide so you can react to small version number changes without issue.
- Action 3 = To be able to develop with discouraged access enabled, we need to update plugin's .classpath rules. Should we turn off defaults to expose all warnings to get a quicker resolution?
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development