WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-05-31
John L, Chuck B, Nitin D, David W, Kathy C, Tim D, Angel V, Keith C, Bob F, Larry I, Raghu S, Rob F, Carl A, Amy W, Der Ping C, Neil H
- May 11-June 22 RDB Fixes
- June 29 All Component Fixes
- July 13 M Build
- July 27 M Build
- Aug 10 M Build
- Aug 17 RC1
- Aug 24 RC2
- Aug 31 1.5.5 GA
- May 11-June 22 RDB Fixes
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.5 (0)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~3)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~9)
- 1.5.5 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.5 Hot Bugs (~2)
- 1.5.5 Blockers, Criticals (~0)
- 1.5.5 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~22)
- 1.5.5 Total Bugs Fixed (~3)
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~17)
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
March 2007 - June 2007 Platform +1 WTP RC2 May 25 May 30 June 05 1 PMC +1's RC3 June 08 June 13 June 14 2 PMC +1's RC4 June 15 June 20 June 21 3 PMC +1's Europa GA June 29 June 29 June 29
- Europa To Do's
- Ensure all plugin manifests have execution environments specified - Good progress has been made, will check back next week.
- Use signed plugin jars - This is not a requirement anymore, are we still going to do for WTP 2.0? No longer in plan.
- Each component must run the eclipse copyright tool to ensure all files have a proper copyright. J2EE will aim to complete this by RC2.
- Component Leads - Please update the exception section of the WTP 2.0 Europa Ramp Down Plan with the relevant info and bugzilla numbers for exceptions to M6 feature complete.
- Updates to feature.xml's to pull in required dependencies. JPT and JSF do not work. Please investigate.
- WTP Build Scorecards
- WTP Component Scorecards
- We will start maintaining a high level picture of WTP quality and stability across all components. The characteristics expected will be different based on whether it is a weekly, milestone, or release build. Please review and add any thoughts or comments via the wiki or by sending an email to wtp-dev mailing list.
- May 25th - June 05th, WTP RC2
May - June 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 28
Declare RC2 Weekly Build
Test and fix any blockers
Declare WTP 2.0 RC2
Declare RC3 Weekly Build
Test and fix any blockers
Declare WTP 2.0 RC3
Testing and Defect Verifications
- Build Status
- JUnits - J2EE released fix for failing Junits
- Smoke Tests - Please start smoke testing the latest RC2 build available.
- Versioning issues compared with 1.5.4 - J2EE has an error in a test plug-in. Please fix for RC2. Other plug-ins have the same qualifier and need a service update, which can be done in RC3, but if it is an overlooked minor update, this needs to be done ASAP in RC2.
- Build Schedule - We will declare a weekly build on Friday June 1st and all teams should try and be RC2 complete by then. We will leave Monday June 4th for any further testing and blocker bug fixes, but this should try to be avoided. No re-smoke will be necessary if no changes are made.
- The build this week will not be pushed to the downloads site (unless we rename to an I build)
- Bug Lists
- 2.0 Invalid Targeted Defects <RC2 (~0)
- 2.0 Remaining Targeted RC2 Defects (~56)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Enhancements (~6)
- 2.0 Bugs Awaiting PMC Approval (~4)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~1)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~2)
- 2.0 Blockers/Criticals (~3)
- 2.0 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~624)
- 2.0 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~151)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Bugs (~115)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~127)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (35)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (597)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (3005)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~58)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~198)
- All API Requests (9)
- Java EE 5 - Simple scenarios working as well as JEE5 export is working. All of import is working except for JEE5 EAR import.
- Kayolen opened some hot bugs which still need addressed.
- No more JEE5 status meetings until post 2.0.
- JEE5 Test Scenarios
- When opening related defects, add "JEE5-UC" in the Status Whiteboard
- Bob F - This weeks fun is news feeds and RSS. The webtools news page has been converted to Phoenix. The news on the main page supports links and images again. You can track this work on bug 189798. I am also creating a dynamic RSS feed at www.eclipse.org/webtools/news/ that supports rich content. You can track this work on bug 190069. Feel free to join the fun.
- Next up will be the community pages, but getting ready to hopefully declare conversion complete in line with Europa release.
- Also investigating permanent links to enable us to better play in the blogging space.
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
- Working on fixes for RC3
- Defect (fix) verification
- Updating tutorials (105989&181979) to match 2.0 UI
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Brainstorming 3.0
Web Services Component Team
- WTP 1.5.5
- WTP 2.0
Java EE Component Team
- Fixing, reviewing, testing bugs for RC2
- Investigating improving usage scans and test coverage reports
- Running Performance and API tests
- Move older builds to archive.eclipse.org and ensure links are updated properly.
- Known Issues
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run perfomance suites in the workspace before checking in code
- Add JSF and JPA performance JUnits
API Violations Review
- Visit latest build for current API violations.
- Action 1 = For any violation, open a bug to request API or fix code to not use internal discouraged access. An example is using images or labels from other plugins, these should be copied into your plugin. Also, using internal classes instead of the API interfaces.
- Action 2 = If you do have a clean plugin of API violations/discourage access, switch prereq ranges wide so you can react to small version number changes without issue.
- Action 3 = To be able to develop with discouraged access enabled, we need to update plugin's .classpath rules. Should we turn off defaults to expose all warnings to get a quicker resolution?
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development