- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-03-29
- 2 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 3 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-03-29
John L, David W, Gary K, Jess G, Konstantin K, Hoy L, Larry I, Neil H, Amy W, Nitin D, Keith C, Kate P, Larry D, Kathy C, Rob F, Tim D, Chris B
It's time to put together the M6 New and Noteworthy. The webtools/development/news/2.0M6 folder has been populated by starter files. Committers should begin their writeups or alternately attachments can be made to 179645. Remember, we want this ready when we declare M6.
- 03/22 - I-build released
- 04/05 - I-build released
- 04/19 - RC1 released. PMC will only approve stop-ship bugs during the last two weeks
- 05/04 - 1.5.4 declared
- Build Status
- No declared M Build this week.
- Failing JUnits
- There should never be failing JUnits in any M Build!
- org.eclipse.wst.css.tests.encoding - Some build changes may have caused a regression, David is investigating.
- If you are up against a deadline, you may release a bug fix which is tentatively approved, given you are comfortable with backing it out if need be. Otherwise, PMC will do their best to stay current with bug review requests.
- Bug lists (WST,JST,JSF)
- Invalid Targeted Defects <1.5.4 (0)
- 1.5.x Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 1.5.x Untriaged Bugs (~15) Server=7
- 1.5.x Resolved, Unverified (~184) Server=48,SSE=34,J2EE=31,doc=17
- 1.5.x Verified, Not closed (~0)
- 1.5.4 Bugs for WTP PMC review and approval (~3)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 1.5.4 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 1.5.4 Blockers, Criticals (~3)
- 1.5.4 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~30)
- 1.5.4 Total Bugs Fixed (~14)
- Remaining Europa Timeline
March 2007 - June 2007 Platform +1 WTP M6 - API Freeze Mar 23 Mar 30 Apr 06 M7 - RC0 May 04 May 11 May 18 RCn... Europa Jun 29 Jun 29 Jun 29
- Europa To Do's
- Ensure all plugin manifests have execution environments specified - David to open bugzilla, each component needs to do this for M6.
- Lump JSF and JPA into the WTP SDK and Runtime zips on download page
- Update feature version numbers for WST and JST to 2.0, JPA and JSF 1.0
- Move WS bundles to orbit - Pushed back to RC0 to mitigate risks to M6 stability
- M6 Schedule - Function and API complete for 2.0
Februray 2007 - April 2007 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 02
FVT and Compatibility Tests
Thumbs Up Test
Declare WTP 2.0 M6
- Build Status
- Please smoke test and update wiki to declare weekly I Build by end of day.
- Seems to be a problem with unzipping due to long file names and duplicate source files. Tim D to open a bug.
- JUnits - Failures?
J2EE - Dropping a fix for later today which should resolve the issues
- org.eclipse.jst.ws.tests.unittest.AllWSJUnitTests - David will back out change to common logging which hopefully resolves issues
- org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks.tests.bvt.AutomatedBVT - Peter M is dropping a fix later today to resolve test.
- Stay tuned for a suggested generic WTP project level compiler setting to add to every project
- Copyright Tools - Let's plan to run the eclipse copyright tool to ensure all files have a proper copyright before we declare M6.
- Amy - There are two versions of the tool, regular and advanced. The regular only works with the IBM copyright, so if you want to use a different copyright you need to use advanced. It did a good job of ignoring files which already had copyrights.
- This work will be deferred to RC0.
- Axis - Any update on legal approval - No, Axis 1.4 is making headway, but David to follow up and ensure Axis2 is given priority.
- Adopter Breakages
- Recently we have had a number of breaking changes going in. Please remember to run the adopter scan when you make any possibly breaking changes.
- The adopter usage scans are updated to show more meanigful results and will soon be run for every build to give more immediate feedback.
- Open bugs against releng if you see issues with any of the tools.
- Bug Lists
- Bugzilla Enhancements Targeted for 2.0 M6 (33)
- All Remaining 2.0 Targeted Enhancements (63) Focus on resolving or retargeting these enhancements as the top priority.
- 2.0 Invalid Targeted Defects <M6 (~0)
- 2.0 Resolved, Unverified (~220) SSE=56,Server=49,Dali=25,J2EE=14
- 2.0 Verified, Not closed (~6)
- 2.0 Remaining Targeted M6 Defects (~92)
- 2.0 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0 Targeted Blockers, Criticals (~2)
- 2.0 Untargeted Blockers, Criticals (~5)
- 2.0 Targeted Bugs (Graph)
- 2.0 Total Bugs Fixed (~266)
- 2.0 JPA Total Bugs Fixed (~29)
- Following M6, we will have a shutdown and fix milestone called RC0.
- April 6th - May 18th following our normal pattern of an I build every Thursday, more detailed schedule to come after next week.
- Target RC0 added to bugzilla for Web Tools
- Raghu - Can you add a 2.0 RC0 target for JSF in bugzilla?
- New function will only be permitted to JSF and JPA, and on a case by case approval basis from the PMC.
- Known Issues
- Switch the 2.0 performance tests baseline to be the latest 1.5.x
- The XSD and WSDL tests are not running. Adding them causes the suite to hang. Needs investigation.
- The baseline test needs to be rerun each week to eliminate false "hiccups" in performance.
- Action Items
- Improve the UI readability and cohesiveness of the output result pages
- Assign component lead ownership to the specific test suites
- Improve the actual tests. Why do some take so long? Why do some results fluctuate? Why do some have 160% performance degradations? Are the tests even still valid?
- Allow committers to reliably and efficiently run perfomance suites in the workspace before checking in code
- Add JSF and JPA performance JUnits
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~67) J2EE=34,Server=11
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (19) JSF=11
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (728) SSE=128,Server=125,J2EE=98,Dali=67,JSF=40,XSD=25
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (2865) SSE=900,J2EE=650,WebServices=325
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (Graph)
- All Resolved, Remind or Later (~78)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~202) J2EE=52,SSE=28,WS=21,WSDL=18 If a patch is invalid, mark it obsolete, and we will filter those out. We will take this as a to do in the upcoming weeks as we shut down 2.0.
- All API Requests (9)
- Java EE 5 - Chuck - The goals below are attainable and progress is being made. Import/Export will not make M6, but will drop in RC0 with approval.
- JEE5 Scenarios
- Runtime support for JEE5 modules - If we have a JEE5 module (Web 2.5/EJB3/EAR) we should be able to run it on servers (Tomcat/Geronimo/Glassfish). Having the server adapters ready to support these modules will also be important, especially for EJB3 and EAR5.
- JEE 5 Model extensibility - This issue has been addressed by Chuck.
- Editing and Tools support: I do not believe our editors(and tools like wizards etc.) will be ready to have full JEE5 support by 2.0.
- Kathy - No update.
- Bob F - No update.
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
Server Component Team
Datatools (RDB, 1.5.x only)
XML/JSP Component Team
- WTP 1.5.4
- Working on fixes
- WTP 2.0
- Testing and fixing any last minute problems for M6
- Ongoing triaging
- WTP 1.5.4
Web Services Component Team
Java EE Component Team
- Finishing features for M6
- Testing and fixing bugs for M6
- Investigating improving usage scans and test coverage reports
- Running Performance and API tests
- Prerequisite Update Rhythm
- Update to previous week's I build on Mondays for platform, EMF, and GEF (if available). Update DTP on milestones or by request.
- Any committer can also request the prereqs be updated at any additional time.
- WTP 1.5.4 is a service release for critical defects, regressions, and adopter issues only. There should be no translation or UI changes, nor should it affect any API reported through the adopter scanning tools.
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- EclipseWorld2007, 11/6/2007-11/8/2007 in Reston, VA. The deadline for abstracts is 4/17/2007.
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- Please come to the meeting with your smoke test results posted to the wiki and ready to vote on declaration of the weekly builds.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- WTP 2.0 Ramp down plan - Please note the early API freeze and shutdown dates.
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Usage Reports and Scans
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web_Tools_Web_Site_Development