Planning meeting minutes - January, 31 2006
Attending: Jochen Krause (Innoopract), Arthur Ryman (IBM), Raghu Srinivasan (Oracle), Tim Wagner (BEA), David Williams (IBM)
Planning document. Outstanding threads:
- Web services and standards adoption statement
- Generic server changes (Gorkem)
- Feature plans (David)
- Validation improvements (Neejam)
- Discussion of shutdown cycle.
- Request from JBoss (Marshall) to provide at least documentation on 3.1 incompatibility areas.
Web services and standards adoption statement
Move to Axis 1.3 is planned, integration of Axis 2.0 can only be achieved with outside help. Same is true for JSR 181 support.
Generic server changes
Proposal has been added to the planning document
Has been added to the planning document, David will need on proposal for 1.5
Link to proposal has been added to the planning document
Discussion of shutdown cycle
- April 28 will be feature freeze, May 28 is aimed as complete code freeze.
- An endgame plan will be created (as a separate document and prominently linked from the developer resources page
Request from JBoss (Marshall) to provide at least documentation on 3.1 incompatibility areas
Discussion will be continued in mailing list
see the following link for changes to the planning document that were conducted as a result of the discussion: diff
Continue discussion on planning issues on wtp-pmc mailing list.
- New Server Adapter for Tomcat 5.5 [[Arthur]
- One bugzilla Entry per plan item [[David, Jochen]
- Creating an endgame document [[Tim]
Next planning meeting: Tuesday, Feb 7, 11:00 AM EST