- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 Main Agenda Items
- 3 Release news/planning
- 4 Bug and Feature Highlights
- 5 Project scrum section
- 6 Other business - Long term tracking items
- 7 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Congratulations to Nick Boldt, our latest WTP Releng committer!
- WTP 3.9.1 (Oxygen.1) is released!
For overall Oxygen dates, see the Simultaneous Release Calendar
Main Agenda Items
- Gerrit adoption - this is no longer optional! See bug 452549 for details
- Follow-on releases no longer called "Service Release" - now indicated by number (Oxygen.1)
- More flexibility for new features in these releases.
- WTP has been flexible for new enhancements in SR releases, but announced and PMC voted as appropriate
- Oxygen release planning
WTP 3.9.1a: Oxygen.1a
- Only Java 9, Junit 5, and Eclipse PMC approved bugs are allowed
- Oxygen Schedule
- Some components still need to tag R3_9_1
- 9/28 WTP Oxygen.1a RC2 (PMC +3 begins, 10/5 - need Eclipse PMC approval, too)
WTP (3.10.0): Photon
- Once your git repository is tagged for Oxygen, you can start to contribute content for Photon to master
- Smoke test for Photon M2 today, build is underway.
- Releng update (Rob Stryker, Nick Boldt)
- common builds as-is
- Decoupling common from server: done in following bugs / commits (complete)
- Rob created patch to decouple common from jeetools: move org.eclipse.jst.common.ui from common to jeetools
- Update 2017-09-28 - patch not yet merged, so common repo can't build independently yet. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=519716
- While bugzilla is down, Nick opened JBIDE-25128 to track some cleanup efforts in common. PR to clean up obsolete source templates: https://git.eclipse.org/r/105965
- servertools has 3 repos. Rob has a script to merge all 3 - see link on https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=519780
- But because of deps from servertools tests on jeetools, we need to re-think this. integration profile, etc.
- servertools tests (which are really integration) tests can run successfully when resolving against the whole product. servertools itself builds fine in a clean env.
- Update 2017-09-28: proposed merge script now over 2 months old. Next step is to request webmaster to run it?
- sourceediting is next in line, and i only fiddled a bit with the tests. most of which are fixed by changing eclipse-plugin to eclipse-test-plugin.
- Update 2017-09-28: proposed merge script linked on BZ. Needs PMC approval, then next step is to request webmaster to run it? See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=520044
- jeetools is next in line, and i only fiddled a bit with the tests. most of which are fixed by changing eclipse-plugin to eclipse-test-plugin.
- jeetools needs a patch to respond to those changes in common to break dep on server.
- Rob didn't work too much on jeetools, but Rob senses a repo-merge will probably be necessary with ejb and jeetools. This hasn't been investigated much yet.
- Nick has updated the wiki pages which list repos, so they're as accurate as possible. This provides all three ways to explore the repos:
- https://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Gerrit_Access#Clone_a_repository_for_development (authenticated clone for use with Gerrit)
- https://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Git_Workflows#Commandline_git_.28anonymous_read-only.29 (anon read-only clone)
- https://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Git_Workflows#Clone_a_repo (online browsing)
Bug and Feature Highlights
Focus on Quality
- Major or higher severity bugs by project (This week - 182)
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached over 7 days old (This week - 70)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened over 7 days ago (This week - 105)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
Release Bug Review
Blockers, Hot-Bugs, Hot-Features
Project scrum section
- Each project answers
- What are you working on?
- What are you planning for next week?
WTP Common Tools
- Oxygen.1a: Bug 522750
Dali Java Persistence Tools
WTP EJB & Java EE Tools
- Oxygen.1a: Bug 522676
- This week: bug 509760, 459477, 500103, Oxygen 1a bug 507338
- Next week: continue merge repo
WTP Source Editing
Web Services Tools
- Next week: 519793
Other business - Long term tracking items
- Automated Error report logging - Now in JavaEE EPP
- See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.