WTP Development Status Meeting
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2012 - Yes I need to update!!)
For Juno/Kepler overall dates, see the Simultaneous Release Calendar
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Major or higher severity bugs by project (This week - 152, last week - 159)
- Targeted to Future (candidates for severity downgrade?) (Total - 90, last week - 96)
- Untargeted bugs and enhancements with patches attached over 7 days old (This week - 61, Last week - 62)
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened over 7 days ago (This week - 33, Last week - 36)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- 11/01 Weekly maintenance driver smoke and declare
- 2/22/2013 Juno SR2 GA
WTP 3.5: Kepler!
- Smoke Test Results
- Kepler planning - Top Level Plan
- Continue to iterate on possible themes. Java EE 7?
- 11/01 Weekly integration driver smoke and declare
- 11/08 M3 candidate driver
- 11/16 Official Kepler 3.5.0 M3 availability - no declare
- 12/21 Official Kepler 3.5.0 M4 availability - no declare
- 02/08 Official Kepler 3.5.0 M5 availability - no declare
- 06/26 Kepler GA
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
WTP Website moved
Ongoing GIT discussion
- Discuss Git workflows, best practices, project standards(versioning) experiences etc...
- Great discussion regarding 4.2 vs 3.8 performance....
- What have we done recently to address WTP performance issues related to 4.2?
- Anything else?
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
- Hotbug Policy
- See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.