- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 Focus on Quality (Neil)
- 3 WTP 3.0.4
- 4 WTP 3.1
- 5 Other business
- 6 Advanced Topics: API Tooling
- 7 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 8 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
Focus on Quality (Neil)
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before June 1st, 2008 (64, 36, 21, 9)
- Target to a specific release or "future" if planning to fix but not in the next release
- Adjust severity as appropriate
- Upcoming Focus item
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before October 1st, 2008 (Last week - ; Currently ~ 51)
Ready to declare? (was due on 18th, Ganymede SR2 is 24th)
- Jan 9 - M build
- Jan 23 - M build
- Jan 30 - RC1
- All changes after Jan 30 require PMC approval (1 vote) (Official Ganymede RC1 date is Feb 4, we are declaring early)
- Feb 6 - RC2 All changes after Feb 6 require PMC approval (2 votes) (Official Ganymede RC2 date is Feb 11, we are declaring early)
- Feb 13 - final build
- Feb 18 - 3.0.4 GA
Bug Lists for 3.0.4
- All 3.0.4 Hotbugs (~0)
- Current 3.0.4 & 2.0.4 targeted bugs (~110, ~90,~29, ~13?)
Issues to watch moving up to M6 prereqs
- Common Navigator changes: may change again in M6. See bug 252293: LabelProviders do not obey override rules
Adjusted schedule, based on Platform's proposed schedule.
Normally, our milestone are one week after the Platform's delivery. Exceptions noted below.
- 3.0.1 Early Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 22 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- 3.0.2 Coordinated Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Sept 26 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release) (updated)
- M3 -> Nov 7 (short milestone, since "making up" for added week above)
- 3.0.3 Early Maintenance Release Nov 14
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.4 Coordinated Maintenance Release Feb 25
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M6 -> Mar 20 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- M7 -> May 8 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> May 22 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC2 -> May 29 WTP will likely not participate in an RC2, based on feedback from last year that RC2 came too soon, needed more fixing, less testing
- RC3 -> Jun 5 Very serious bugs only.
- RC4 -> Jun 12 Very very serious bugs only.
- RC5 -> Jun 19 Hopefully no changes from RC4. Prepare web pages, update sites, etc.
- GA -> Jun 24
Bob Fraser and Nova the look and feel: (see bug 261721)
Advanced Topics: API Tooling
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Planning and working on M6
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs.
- Fixing and verifying bugs.
- JPT 2.0
- Working on:
- EclipseLink support
- Bugs for M7
- Working on:
- Feature exceptions
- Bug Fixes
- In general, the minimum requirement is that if you branch a plug-in, you need to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. This is to make it easier for others to know what to load, to "be current" in a maintenance branch. It is fine to branch everything in a sub-project if you choose to, but still need to correspond to what's in a map file, and the map file should be updated to explain what it's used for. Map files can be re-organized some, if that helps make it easier to organize and understand what teams are working on what.
- The names for branches should follow the pattern of 'R3_0_maintenance'. This will be the name for all 3.0.x maintenance work (not just the first, 3.0.1 maintenance work). Note that JSF and JPA code may use R2_0_maintenance, but their map files, will still be branched using R3_0_maintenance.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
- Bug Day
- Monitor and participate in Bug Day if you would like.
- Mark any applicable bugs with keyword "bugday", but only if you'll have a representative on hand to respond through Bugzilla or in IRC
- Current WTP Bug Day bugs (~53)
- Project Meta data, for Project leads, especially, see "information about ..." from your subproject web page left nav bar.
- Go to Foundation Portal
- Login with committer ID
- Click on "[maintain] Project Info meta-data"
- Changes coming to IP Log management (more automated, but more for Project Leads to do?): See Development Resources/Automatic IP Log