- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 Focus on Quality (Neil)
- 3 WTP 3.0.4
- 4 WTP 3.1
- 5 Dali 2.1
- 6 Other business
- 7 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 8 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
Happy New Year!
Here's a little fun from my holiday!
Congratulations to Dali for 2.1!
M4 was declared.
Focus on Quality (Neil)
Smoke test pending.
- Jan 9 - M build
- Jan 23 - M build
- Jan 30 - RC1
- All changes after Jan 30 require PMC approval (1 vote) (Official Ganymede RC1 date is Feb 4, we are declaring early)
- Feb 6 - RC2 All changes after Feb 6 require PMC approval (2 votes) (Official Ganymede RC2 date is Feb 11, we are declaring early)
- Feb 13 - final build
- Feb 18 - 3.0.4 GA
Bug Lists for 3.0.4
Smoke test pending
Adjusted schedule, based on Platform's proposed schedule.
Normally, our milestone are one week after the Platform's delivery. Exceptions noted below.
- 3.0.1 Early Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 22 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- 3.0.2 Coordinated Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Sept 26 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release) (updated)
- M3 -> Nov 7 (short milestone, since "making up" for added week above)
- 3.0.3 Early Maintenance Release Nov 14
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.4 Coordinated Maintenance Release Feb 25
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M6 -> Mar 20 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- M7 -> May 8 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> May 22 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC2 -> May 29 WTP will likely not participate in an RC2, based on feedback from last year that RC2 came too soon, needed more fixing, less testing
- RC3 -> Jun 5 Very serious bugs only.
- RC4 -> Jun 12 Very very serious bugs only.
- RC5 -> Jun 19 Hopefully no changes from RC4. Prepare web pages, update sites, etc.
- GA -> Jun 24
Bug List for 3.1
- Blockers & Criticals (~4)
- 3.1 & 2.1 enhancements (~118)
- 3.1 & 2.1 targeted bugs (~360)
- In tabular form:
- Current 3.1 & 2.1 targeted bugs (~360)
- 3.1 & 2.1 hotbugs (~0)
- Released 12/19
- Any maintenance required that's separate from WTP 3.2? (just keep us posted)
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
The minutes of the meetings are posted. Next meeting is next Monday same time. See details on the wiki page: WTP Performance Tests
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Planning M5 and working on 3.0.4
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs.
- Fixing and verifying bugs.
- JPT 2.0
- Working on:
- EclipseLink support
- Bugs for M7
- Working on:
- Feature exceptions
- Bug Fixes
- In general, the minimum requirement is that if you branch a plug-in, you need to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. This is to make it easier for others to know what to load, to "be current" in a maintenance branch. It is fine to branch everything in a sub-project if you choose to, but still need to correspond to what's in a map file, and the map file should be updated to explain what it's used for. Map files can be re-organized some, if that helps make it easier to organize and understand what teams are working on what.
- The names for branches should follow the pattern of 'R3_0_maintenance'. This will be the name for all 3.0.x maintenance work (not just the first, 3.0.1 maintenance work). Note that JSF and JPA code may use R2_0_maintenance, but their map files, will still be branched using R3_0_maintenance.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
- Bug Day
- Monitor and participate in Bug Day if you would like.
- Mark any applicable bugs with keyword "bugday", but only if you'll have a representative on hand to respond through Bugzilla or in IRC
- Current WTP Bug Day bugs (~53)
- Project Meta data, for Project leads, especially, see "information about ..." from your subproject web page left nav bar.
- Go to Foundation Portal
- Login with committer ID
- Click on "[maintain] Project Info meta-data"
- Changes coming to IP Log management (more automated, but more for Project Leads to do?): See Development Resources/Automatic IP Log