Difference between revisions of "WTP 2008-09-11"
(→Bug Lists for 3.0.2)
(→Bug List for 3.1)
|Line 193:||Line 193:|
== Other business ==
== Other business ==
Revision as of 13:11, 11 September 2008
- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting
- 2 WTP 3.0.2
- 3 WTP 3.1
- 4 Other business
- 5 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 6 References
WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Announcements And Special Reports
Updated Participant Passcode for dev mtg: 269746
This passcode will be changing every few months, the main dev status page will be updated with the info, pls watch out for it. Thanks!
- Aug 29 - M build
- Sept 5 - RC1 (All changes after RC1 require ONE PMC approval votes)
- Sept 12 - RC2 (All changes after RC2 require TWO PMC approval votes)
- Sept 19 - RC3 & final build
- Sept 25 - GA
- Build & Smoketest
- Smoketest will be issued after these are resolved
Bug Lists for 3.0.2
- Blockers & Criticals (~8)
- All 3.0.2 Hotbugs (~3)
- In tabular form:
- Current 3.0.2 & 2.0.2 targeted bugs (~109)
- Web Tools
- Number Fixed for 3.0.2 (~65)
- Java Server Faces
- Dali JPA Tools
- 244392: Carl: Jason is lookint into, not for this week
- 245645: Carl: Jason is currently still working on it,
- Kaloyan: 244308 which caused this is already reversed in the build, so not an issue this week
- 245573: Neil: trying to investigate, patch or into 202, waiting on questions on the bug, from a WTP perspective, haven't seen this in our testing, doesn't limit smoketesting
- David: suggest targeting it for 3.1 and there is a partial workaround, will have a better long term story
- 245851: contender for 302, specific schema issue
- 245965: regression in 301 by bug230450, need help on this for 302
- Kaloyan: no need for this week
- Tim: hotbug 243883, UI change in one of the change
Two issues came up when discussing the planning process
- How to handle "future" milestone target? Turns out we have discussed and documented this before, see WTP_Bugs, Workflow and Conventions#The meaning of "Future" milestone target.
- How can we better incorporate bugs-to-fix in 3.1 planning? Subsequent to meeting, I suggested that leads/committers should set the 3.1 milestone target for bugs that ideally should be fixed in 3.1, to help "prime the pot". For example, nearly all voted on bugs and "major" bugs should be so marked. I've added more bugzilla queries to WTP 3.1 Project Plan to assist.
Adjusted schedule, based on Platform's proposed schedule.
Normally, our milestone are one week after the Platform's delivery. Exceptions noted below.
- 3.0.1 Early Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 22 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- 3.0.2 Coordinated Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Oct 3 (extra week added so not to overlap maintenance release)
- M3 -> Nov 7 (short milestone, since "making up" for added week above)
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.3 Coordinated Maintenance Release Feb 25
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M6 -> Mar 20 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- M7 -> May 8 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> May 22 Serious bugs only, focus on stability.
- RC2 -> May 29 WTP will likely not participate in an RC2, based on feedback from last year that RC2 came too soon, needed more fixing, less testing
- RC3 -> Jun 5 Very serious bugs only.
- RC4 -> Jun 12 Very very serious bugs only.
- RC5 -> Jun 19 Hopefully no changes from RC4. Prepare web pages, update sites, etc.
- GA -> Jun 24
Build & Smoketest
- First Dev week for M2
- M2 weekly I build Smoketest
- 6 Junit failures on the latest build, JEE team is currently investigating
Bug List for 3.1
- 3.1 & 2.1 enhancements (~98)
- 3.1 & 2.1 targeted bugs (~223)
- In tabular form:
- Current 3.1 & 2.1 targeted bugs (~223)
- Blockers & Criticals (~9)
- 3.1 & 2.1 hotbugs (~0)
- Two New Incubator proposals
- 2 new incubator added
- Nitin as a mentor on this
- David: will initiate to eclipse that we're starting this
- Dave: will start committer process for this project
- Possibly one more proposal coming along, can search for XML editor
- David: one of our responsibilities is to answer questions on mailing list, pls watch for questions
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
The minutes of the meetings are posted. Next meeting is next Monday same time. See details on the wiki page: WTP Performance Tests
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Working on 3.0.2
- Deciding overall themes and plan for 3.1
- Last week we update the landing website, to include revised defect queries and new format (http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/server/)
- Completed plan for 3.1
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs.
- Fixing and verifying bugs.
- JPT 2.0
- Working on:
- EclipseLink support
- Bugs for M7
- Working on:
- Feature exceptions
- Bug Fixes
- In general, the minimum requirement is that if you branch a plug-in, you need to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. This is to make it easier for others to know what to load, to "be current" in a maintenance branch. It is fine to branch everything in a sub-project if you choose to, but still need to correspond to what's in a map file, and the map file should be updated to explain what it's used for. Map files can be re-organized some, if that helps make it easier to organize and understand what teams are working on what.
- The names for branches should follow the pattern of 'R3_0_maintenance'. This will be the name for all 3.0.x maintenance work (not just the first, 3.0.1 maintenance work). Note that JSF and JPA code may use R2_0_maintenance, but their map files, will still be branched using R3_0_maintenance.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
- Bug Day
- Monitor and participate in Bug Day if you would like.
- Mark any applicable bugs with keyword "bugday", but only if you'll have a representative on hand to respond through Bugzilla or in IRC
- Current WTP Bug Day bugs (~53)
- Project Meta data, for Project leads, especially, see "information about ..." from your subproject web page left nav bar.
- Go to Foundation Portal
- Login with committer ID
- Click on "[maintain] Project Info meta-data"
- Changes coming to IP Log management (more automated, but more for Project Leads to do?): See Development Resources/Automatic IP Log