- 1 WTP Development Status Meeting 2008-07-10
- 2 WTP 2.0.3
- 3 WTP 3.0
- 4 WTP 3.0.1
- 5 WTP 3.1
- 6 Performance Focus
- 7 Other business
- 8 Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- 9 References
WTP Development Status Meeting 2008-07-10
Announcements And Reports
- JEE Meeting Report:
WTP support for Java EE 5 modules in a 1.4 level EAR is too big to contain in a maintenance release- will be a line item for WTP 3.1. There will be more meetings about this, agenda/minutes will be posted on the wiki. Next Meeting: July 24, 2008 at 11 am EDT
- Minutes: Minutes of JEE Meeting will be posted soon, as well as call-in info for next call. The topic will be planning for WTP 3.1.
Focus on Requirements Planning (Raghu)
Call for Planning participation
- Formally Released, but I still need to announce, update meta-data
- Great Discussion last week, thanks! Please proof read and see if your comments and suggestions were captured.
- WTP 3.0 continuous improvements
- Smoketest request issued, please complete smoketest by 3 PM Friday, at latest
Bug Lists for 3.0.1
- All 3.0.1 Hotbugs (~0)
- Current 3.0.1 targeted bugs (~255)
- Adjusted schedule, based on Platform's proposed schedule.
- 3.0.1 Maintenance Release Aug 15
- M1 -> Aug 18
- 3.0.2 Maintenance Release Sep 24
- M2 -> Sep 26
- M3 -> Nov 7
- M4 -> Dec 19
- M5 -> Feb 6
- 3.0.3 Maintenance Release Feb 25
- (EclipseCon March 23-27)
- M6 -> Mar 20 Feature Complete, API Freeze, UI Freeze, NLS, Accessibility
- M7 -> May 8 Performance tuning, documentation, bug fixing
- RC1 -> May 22
- RC2 -> May 29 WTP will likely not participate in RC2, based on feedback from last year that RC2 came too soon, needed more fixing, less testing
- RC3 -> Jun 5
- RC4 -> Jun 12
- RC5 -> Jun 19
- GA -> Jun 24
Can we form a cross-project team?
Minutes: Following team formed to discuss how to focus on performance, will be lead by Kaloyan. Will meet Monday's, at noon (Eastern time), 9 AM Pacific, 7 PM (EEST?)
Server Angel Vera Webservices Mark Hutchinson Source Editing Nick Sandonato JEE Tools Carl Anderson EJB Tools Kaloyan Raev JSF Tools Raghu Srinivasan Dali Neil Hauge releng David Williams
- Project leads: please fix meta-data during July. Especially, see "information about ..." from your subproject web page left nav bar.
- Go to Foundation Portal
- Login with committer ID
- Click on "[maintain] Project Info meta-data"
- Changes coming to IP Log management (more automated, but more for Project Leads to do?): See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Automatic_IP_Log
- In the works: Proposal to adjust bugzilla so bugzilla "products" match our subcomponents (currently have 4, need about 8?)
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Working on updating bug backlogs
- Triaging remaining 3.0 requirements and targeted bugs
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs.
- Fixing and verifying bugs.
- JPT 2.0
- Working on:
- EclipseLink support
- Bugs for M7
- Working on:
- Feature exceptions
- Bug Fixes
- In general, the minimum requirement is that if you branch a plug-in, you need to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. This is to make it easier for others to know what to load, to "be current" in a maintenance branch. It is fine to branch everything in a sub-project if you choose to, but still need to correspond to what's in a map file, and the map file should be updated to explain what it's used for. Map files can be re-organized some, if that helps make it easier to organize and understand what teams are working on what.
- The names for branches should follow the pattern of 'R3_0_maintenance'. This will be the name for all 3.0.x maintenance work (not just the first, 3.0.1 maintenance work). Note that JSF and JPA code may use R2_0_maintenance, but their map files, will still be branched using R3_0_maintenance.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
- Bug Day
- Monitor and participate in Bug Day if you would like.
- Mark any applicable bugs with keyword "bugday", but only if you'll have a representative on hand to respond through Bugzilla or in IRC
- Current WTP Bug Day bugs (~53)