Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
This page contains obsolete information about the VPM based VIATRA2 and preserved for archive purposes only.
The currently maintained wiki is available at http://wiki.eclipse.org/VIATRA
Release Notes for VIATRA2 R3.3
VIATRA2 R3.3 is the newest release of the VIATRA2 model transformation framework. R3.3, like its predecessor R3.2, is mainly a bugfix-oriented release containing fixes for many issues, and performance as well as usability enhancements; it is compatible with Eclipse Indigo and Juno. For notes on the previous major release (R3.2), refer to VIATRA2/ReleaseNotes3.2 and VIATRA2/ReleaseNotes3.1
Fixed issues include:
- improved error management, more robust behaviour for erroneous transformations
- various GUI and model transformation engine fixes and enhancements
- improved incremental pattern matcher performance
Most important enhancements include:
- updated help contents, based on the wiki
- trace-based transformation execution, to support design-space exploration
- integrated efficient incremental transitive closure into the incremental pattern matcher