VIATRA 1.3 - New and Noteworthy
TODO VIATRA is fully compatible with the Eclipse Neon, including Xtext, EMF and Data binding.
Query development environment update
TODO We have introduced a Transformation Development perspective to make it easier for VIATRA users to focus on developing queries and transformations. The perspective opens and lays out the most important views and contains view and new wizard shortcuts for all VIATRA related functionality.
We are also working on a new approach for query development that will replace the monolithic functionality of the current Query Explorer. You can install the incubation feature TODO to try out the new Query Registry and Query Results views.
- Both views are connected with the Properties view to provide additional information about selected elements.
- The Query Registry view shows all registered and workspace queries without the need to load them from the pattern editor directly.
- Models and queries can be loaded into the Query Results view similarly to the Query Explorer.
Query-by-Example: Create queries based on selected model elements
Model transformation debugger prototype
VIATRA 1.3.0 now features the first prototype of the VIATRA Transformation debugger, which aims at helping the development and debugging of VIATRA-based model transformations.
The VIATRA Transformation Debugger fields the following main features:
- Allows the transformation developer to observe the inner state of the given VIATRA transformation and the associated model instances.
- Displays the model instances associated with the transformation in a tree view with Properties support.
- Displays the active activations of the model transformation using a contemporary Eclipse view.
- Displays the precondition parameters of the next activation to be executed using the Eclipse Variables view.
- Allows the transformation developer to control the execution of the VIATRA model transformation.
- Supports the definition of various VIATRA transformation specific breakpoints, which integrate with the Eclipse Debug framework.
- The user can control the execution of the transformation via the standard Eclipse Debugging controls (Step over (F6), Resume (F8)).
- The user can define which transformation rule activaton should be executed next, overriding the default decision bade by the transformation.
- Integrates with the Eclipse Debug framework.
It should be noted, that the debugger is still a prototype, therefore it has some known limitations. In its current state, it only supports the debugging of VIATRA transformations that run in the same JVM as the debugger itself. Intef-JVM communication will be introduced in future versions, so stay tuned.
A detailed user's guide is part of the main VIATRA documentation and can be accessed via the following link: http://static.incquerylabs.com/projects/viatra/viatra-docs/ViatraDocs.html#_viatra_debugger