The development of VIATRA follows the Eclipse Development Process. For contributions, this means that all potential contributors need to
- Fill out an Contributor Licence Agreement by logging in to the Eclipse Project Forge and selecting the Contributor Licence Agreement. This is required for all projects hosted at eclipse.org, but it is enough to do it once for all projects.
- Upload the contributions to the eclipse.org infrastructure. The preferred way is using Gerrit, but we also accept patches to Bugzilla issues.
- Gerrit url: ssh://«username»@git.eclipse.org:29418/viatra/org.eclipse.viatra
- Bugzilla issues
- An up-to-date description of this information is available from the Eclipse Wiki Contribution Page
Working on your contribution on Github
We encourage all developers to use version control even while working on their contributions. In order to help setting things up, we provide Github mirrors for our Git repositories:
These mirrors are automatically kept up to date with the official repository on a daily basis. Just click "Fork" to create your own repository and you are ready to go. You will be able to pull new changes from this repository, but won't be able to create pull requests when you are ready.
- Since Gerrit changes are limited to a single commit, make sure to squash your commits into a single one for a given contributions (we suggest making small and frequent contributions instead of single, large ones).
- Your changes will still have to go through Gerrit (see above), but we can help you with the process.