Notice: this Wiki will be going read only early in 2024 and edits will no longer be possible. Please see: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan for the plan.
Visual Editor Project 2007-2008 Roadmap
In general, the main theme is to get the project back on track and in good shape.
From a goals perspective, we have the following alternatives:
- focus exclusively on Swing, SWT and RCP and do it extremely well; deprecate everything else.
- continue to provide a more generic editing framework, and supporting visual editing of non-java target such as GWT, HTML, Groovy, XForms, Web pages, EXSWT, etc.
My head tells me to go with (1) and my heart with (2).
- VE 1.3.0 Milestone 1:
- Q1 2008, have a stable working VE based on Europa
- VE 1.3.0 Milestone 2: Q2 2008
- Investigate performance enhancements (single VM)
- Fix major bugs
- Add support for non Java visual target (Groovy contribution, XForms)
- VE 1.3.0 Release: Q2 2008
- VE 1.3.1 : maintenance for 1.3.0 Q3 2008
- VE 1.3.2 : maintenance for 1.3.0 Q4 2008
- VE 1.4.0 Milestone 1: Q2 2008
- Work on Ganymede compatibility
- VE 1.4.0 Milestone 2: Q3 2008
- VE 1.4.0 Milestone 3: Q3 2008
- VE 1.4.0 Release: Q4 2008