Skip to main content
Process for Updating the UI Best Practices Guidelines
Make a request
- Look at the discussion page Talk:User_Interface_Guidelines and see if there is already a request. If not:
- File a bugzilla with component “UI Guidelines” (goes to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Track the bug. The bug will get reviewed and voted on. If it gets enough votes it will be assigned (probably to you if you volunteered to do the work). Otherwise it will be resolved as will not fix.
Add your content
Have things reviewed
- Change the status of the bug to resolved with resolution fixed. This will trigger review.
- Wait a while. If there is violent objection someone will reopen the bug. Discussion can happen on the bug thread or UI Best Practices Working Group mailing list. Issues can also be brought up at one of the meetings.
Merge your changes into the drafts
Copyright © Eclipse Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved.