To try out the most recent snapshot build of 0.23.0, simply add the following snippet to your (parent) pom.xml or settings.xml, and set the property for the Tycho version (e.g. tycho-version) to 0.23.0-SNAPSHOT.
<pluginRepositories> <pluginRepository> <id>tycho-snapshots</id> <url>https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/tycho-snapshots/</url> </pluginRepository> </pluginRepositories>
SNAPSHOT site docs
New and Noteworthy
- the JDT compiler shipped with Tycho has been updated to Mars RC2a (bug 461101).
- The default source/target level (i.e. no BREE in MANIFEST.MF nor source/target configured in pom.xml) has been updated to 1.7 (bug 464304)
- A new packaging type called p2-installable-unit has been added to give more flexibility to users creating custom IUs. See Tycho/Packaging_Types#p2-installable-unit for details.
- You can now use <iu> elements in an eclipse-repository's category.xml to include and/or categorize arbitrary artifacts in a p2 repository (
bug 371983). See Tycho/category.xml for details.
- Tycho will no set a specific HTTP User-Agent header including the Tycho version used (bug 467418). This can be used to analyze HTTP access logs of the servers delivering the p2 artifacts.
- (INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE) The tycho-surefire property testSuite had been removed. If you are building a multi-bundle project and had set the testSuite and testClass property on the CLI or in a parent pom, you have to set the property failIfNoTests to false. If you had specified testSuite and testClass in the pom file of the plugin the testsClass belongs to, you just have to remove the testSuite property (
- Tycho now requires Java 7 (bug 463433). Note that this does not affect the compiler source/target level configured in your build and you can still compile against any JDK using maven toolchains.
- The embedded OSGi runtime used by Tycho during build has been updated to use Equinox and p2 from Mars RC2a (bug 466320).
- The tycho-document-bundle-plugin now allows to specify includes and excludes for the packages to be documented (
- It is now possible to use a custom doclet in the tycho-document-bundle-plugin (
bug 453602). The doclet parameter will be passed to javadoc as -doclet. The docletArtifacts are resolved (including the transitive depenencies) and passed to javadoc as -docletpath. Example configuration:
<configuration> <javadocOptions> <ignoreError>false</ignoreError> <doclet>foo.bar.MyDoclet</doclet> <docletArtifacts> <docletArtifact> <groupId>foo.bar</groupId> <artifactId>foo.bar.mydocletartifact</artifactId> <version>1.0</version> </docletArtifact> </docletArtifacts> </javadocOptions> </configuration>