Tycho 0.18.0 is currently in development. This page shows a preview of features which will be available in the 0.18.0 milestone.
To try out the most recent snapshot build of 0.18.0, simply add the following snippet to your (parent) pom.xml, and set the property for the Tycho version (e.g. tycho-version) to 0.18.0-SNAPSHOT.
<pluginRepositories> <pluginRepository> <id>tycho-snapshots</id> <url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/</url> </pluginRepository> </pluginRepositories>
New and Noteworthy
Target Platform & Dependency Resolution
- (INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE) The build now fails if a p2 repository is referenced that has installable units from an old-style update site. These so-called "partial IUs" cannot be used for dependency resolution and used to be silently dropped from the target platform. This often lead to strange resolution problems (
bug 380438, question on stackoverflow). Now the build fails with a clear error message. If this incompatible change is a problem for your build, please report it on the tycho-user mailing list.
- Added support for bundled Mac OS X applications (bugs 378021, 407676)
- Several source bundle/feature generation fixes/enhancements
- bin.includes from license features now taken over into generated source features (Bug 403950)
- Source feature branding bundle can now be configured (Bug 407706)
- Source feature.xml now has line-breaks, indentation and an XML declaration (Bug 408168)
- Allow to include non-root content in source bundle (Bug 407172)
- Stricter and OSGi-specific MANIFEST syntax validation yielding better error messages (Bug 383192)