Training Video: Installing Eclipse Features from the Europa Discovery Site
Revision as of 12:37, 10 April 2007 by Wayne.eclipse.org (New page: ==Prerequisites== *Java installed ===Steps=== #Open terminal #Type "java -version" #Popup "Eclipse 3.2 requires Java 1.4.2 or higher"; url: http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/ecl...)
- Java installed
- Open terminal
- Type "java -version"
- Popup "Eclipse 3.2 requires Java 1.4.2 or higher"; url: http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/eclipse_project_plan_3_2.html#TargetOperatingEnvironments
- Open Firefox
- Navigate to http://www.eclipse.org/callisto
- Navigate to discovery page
- Navigate to SDK 3.2RC2 Download.
- Click on the downloaded archive
- Extract onto desktop
- Close extractor
- Run Eclipse
- Go to Workbench
- Help > Updates
- "Search for new features to install"
- Callisto Discovery Site
- Expand list of features
- "You can selectively install only the projects you're specifically interested in"
- "Select the features you want to install"