Trace Compass/Project Meetings/2016-10-28
- Alexandre Montplaisir (Efficios)
- Patrick Tasse (Ericsson)
- Naser Ezzati (Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal)
- Marc-Andre Laperle (Ericsson)
- Loic Prieur Devron (Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal)
- Jean-Christian Kouame (Ericsson)
- Bernd Hufmann (Ericsson)
- Genevieve Bastien (Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal)
- Matthew Khouzam (Ericsson)
Update @ Ericsson
- More testing to reduce amount of manual tests.
- Sent out 4th year student project proposals.
- (reminder) Updating n&n should be more regular.
- Presented at tracing summit, like everyone else. ;)
- Presenting at ECS soon.
- Booth for tracecompass and more!
- Reduced review capacity in near future, let's discuss this.
- Merged Local Stats
- Merged some icons
- Deprecating Timegraph combo completely. TimeGraphViewer now supports columns.
- Technical issues for demo.
Update @ Efficios
- pin and clone
- trace crop
- using babeltrace
- Time intersection
- Discussion on export.
Update @ Poly
- Work on Gabriel's custom charts, ready for review
- Segment store on disk (to be discussed in a separate point)
- Some patches to improve Trace Compass's error handling (gerrit topic : error-recovery)
- Generic callstacks coming
- Tracing summit.
Investigation for a web front-end
There's a 4th year student doing a project (1 year: ~4 hours/week), in the lab, helping Naser with visualizing data from lamp analysis. He has a background in web development and would like to look at web frontends.
Segment store on disk
Can be kept for the end of the meeting
- Status and future work, how we go forward
Genevieve's Proposal: move state system backend to segment store. Alex: make a common plug-in with the items in common. Matthew: make sure we have the right datastructure Loic: R-Tree works well for both.