Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Trace Compass/Project Meetings/2016-03-18

< Trace Compass‎ | Project Meetings
Revision as of 14:32, 18 March 2016 by Alexmonthy.efficios.com (Talk | contribs) (Summary of EclipseCon)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Attendees

  • Alexandre Montplaisir (EfficiOS)
  • Jonathan Rajotte (EfficiOS)
  • Matthew Khouzam (Ericsson)
  • Patrick Tassé (Ericsson)
  • Marc-André Laperle (Ericsson)
  • Jean-Christian Kouamé (Ericsson)
  • Bernd Hufmann (Ericsson)
  • Geneviève Bastien (Polytechnique)
  • Robert Kiss (Movidius)

Minutes

Return on the Action Items of the previous meeting

  • Matthew did the second review on patch https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/67442/
    • Since then, the CQ was approved and the patch was merged.
  • A meeting to discuss Project View was scheduled and done, see below.
  • Hudson is still sometimes slow, but it is hard to pinpoint. A bug was opened to track this.
  • Google Hangouts was used for the present meeting. Looking good so far, a few advantages over appear.in:
    • Limit of 10 participants instead of 8 (useful since there were 9 participants today!)
    • Possible to share screen on Firefox
    • No hats

Introduction from Robert Kiss

Robert, who contributed the recent symbol provider patch, introduced himself:

  • Been working on Eclipse for ~10 years
  • Now works at Movidius
  • They just started using Trace Compass, and are very interested with it. (Great!)

Summary of the meeting about Project View modifications

  • Meeting was held last week at Ericsson.
  • Following the discussions and feedback, a new proposal was added to the Design Documents.
  • We've decided to go with Proposal #2 for Neon.
    • The new sub-tree is to be called Views.
    • The word Analysis should be removed from the existing analysis names. They will act as a sort of categorization of the views for now.

Summary of EclipseCon

  • Marc-André was at EclipseCon last week, so he did a quick overview of what happened.
  • Lots of interest, questions from many people from different groups/companies.
  • There will be one more release during the Neon cycle (4 total, compared to 3 currently), we will have to organize this for TC.
  • Many presentations about the Science working group, lots of common use cases
    • Robert mentioned that the Automotive working group would probably be very interested too, offered to put M-A in contact with them.
  • Marc-André to do a write-up and post it on the ML/wiki.

API Cleanup for Neon

  • Control Flow View and Resource View implementations to be made internal. Bernd has a patch for that.
  • LTTng-Analyses integration will be provisional/internal too.
  • JC mentioned the XML core model classes should also be made internal, will prepare a patch.
  • If anyone wants to make things internal, do it quickly!

Feature/API freeze deadline : RC1, around May 19th

Look & Feel harmonization for Neon

  • Timegraph views supports various mouse-keyboard binding, like scrolling, shitf+scrolling, ctrl+scrolling.
    • These should be harmonized across all types of views, like XY charts, etc.
  • A patch by Patrick to harmonize all "parts" of the current time graph views was recently merged. Now the behaviour should be the same whether you mouse scroll over the tree, the marker axis, the intervals area, etc.

Timegraph View search

  • Bernd had posted an email to the ML about implementing a search dialog for time graph views.
  • Alternative #1 was the most popular
    • Won't really be possible to re-use code, since Eclipse Search dialog is geared towards editors, but the look & feel will be similar.

Action items

  • Marc-André to do a write-up about EclipseCon, and post it on the ML and/or wiki.
  • Bernd to send an email on the ML about the feature/API freeze.

Back to the top