TPTP heap tools
Revision as of 08:27, 3 April 2008 by Andreas.buchen.gmail.com (→Memory Analysis Tooling Synergies)
Memory Analysis Tooling Synergies
Some specific ideas:
- Integration: Acquire & Analyze a heap dump out of an existing debugging session
- Activate specific allocation trace filters from the Memory Analyzer
- Use Case: The User find suspicious objects in the heap. Now he wants to collection the allocation locations (and only those, due to the overhead involved). From the heap, the user changes the allocation filter of the profiler.
- And the other way around: from an allocation trace run, show a histogram of the objects still alive (e.g. who keeps objects alive created during an alleged stateless request?)
- Debugging Break Point to create a heap dump
- Use Case: Create & Analyze a heap written at exactly that point in time.
Return to the TPTP wiki Page