TM 2.0 Ramp down Plan for Europa
Ramp down for Europa
For reference, see the Europa Simultaneous Release, in particular the Milestones and Release Candidates.
Typically the last week of a Milestone is for testing, and fixing only regressions and P1 or blocking defects. For milestones, the component lead (or delegate) is enough to review and approve a bug.
For M6, we plan to be functionally and API complete and the remaining Release Candidates are for (only) fixing bugs, or fixing release required items (such as version numbers, licensing, etc.).
From M6 to M7/RC0 on May 18th, we expect each component lead (or delegate) to review and verify their teams' bugs.
After the first RC is produced, other RCs will be produced, if needed, every week.
After the first RC is produced, the time for general functional improvements is long past. The following describes the types of bugs that would be appropriate:
- A regression
- A P1 or P2 bug, one that is blocking or critical, and some cases of major severities.
- Documentation and PII files are exceptions to the normal PMC required review, since there is little chance of that breaking anything, though it is still expected to be complete by M6, and remaining work to be only documentation fixes (that is, no refactoring of plugins, build changes, etc, without PMC review and approval).
- In addition to a bug meeting the above priority/severity conditions, there should be a simple, safe, well understood fix that is well isolated from effecting other components, that doesn't affect API or adopters, that has been well reviewed and well tested.
- As each Release Candidate passes, the criteria for weighing the benefit-to-risk ratio criteria gets higher and higher, and as such requires a larger number of committers and PMC members to review.
- May 18th, M7/RC0 produced
- After the 18th, besides the normal component team review, at least 1 additional committer must also review and vote +1 after reviewing the bug for appropriateness and risk.
- May 25
- June 1
- After June 1, besides the normal component team review, at least 1 PMC member and 1 additional committer must also review and vote +1 after reviewing the bug for appropriateness and risk.
- June 8
- June 15
- After the 15th, besides the normal component team review, at least 1 PMC member and all committers must also review and aggree in a vote after reviewing the bug for appropriateness and risk.
- June 22
- Do zip, update, site preparations
- June 29