Stardust/Release Build Plan/Kepler M6
We are proud to announce that the Stardust has succesfully participated in the Kepler M6 milestone build. This version features many improvements and fixes and should be sufficiently stable for previewing and testing our Kepler version end-to-end.
If you would like to give this version a try, you can install us from the Kepler repositories.
Install the eclipse Kepler M6 Java EE IDE Distribution
- Go to http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/keplerm6
- Select the distribution most appropriate for your platform.
- Download and unzip to your hard drive
- Start the eclipse version just installed and Open context menu Help > Install New Software...
- Select "http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler" from the dropdown box of "Work with"
- Expand "Business Intelligence, Reporting and Charting" and select "BIRT Framework"
- Proceed the installation wizard and restart Eclipse at the end
- Open context menu Help > Install New Software...
- Due to a version comparison issue, you need to be careful to pick the right version. Hence push Add button and enter Name: Stardust Kepler M6 and Location: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler/201303220900.
- Select the checkbox Stardust - Eclipse Process Manager (see screenshot below)
- Select Next for the follow-up screens and accept the Eclipse License Agreement.
- Select Finish - all Stardust components will be downloaded now. This may take 10-20 minutes depending on your network connection.
- For the milestone builds, you may receive a warning that the software contains unsigned content, which you need to ignore.
- Restart Eclipse after installation has completed.
Congratulations! You are ready to use the Stardust Eclipse Process Manager.
Documentation for your first steps can be found under
- Help > Help Contents, select Stardust Online Documentation or
- online at https://infinity.sungard.com/documentation/stardust/0.7/index.jsp
You may want to start with a first tutorial: the Support-Case Example here.
(Note, that a bug in the open source version of ICEfaces does not allow you to use Google Chrome to run the Portal. We hope to address this soon together with the ICEfaces team.)
- Due to a refresh issue it may be necessary to close and reopen the views for Audit Trail Management in order to be able to select an audit trail database during Setup of the Audit Trail Database
- An error message “org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: error.CannotStartupOSGIPlatform” is thrown during Server start-up. This is a known issue to be addressed in M7 and does not affect functionality with the exception of reporting.
- Reporting functionality is known to be broken in this build.