Stardust/Release Build Plan/Kepler M6
< Stardust | Release Build Plan
Revision as of 12:03, 26 March 2013 by Herbert.neureiter.sungard.com (Talk | contribs) (→Install the Kepler M6 Java EE IDE Distribution)
We are proud to announce that the Stardust has succesfully participated in the Kepler M6 milestone build. This version features many improvements and fixes and should be sufficiently stable for previewing and testing our Kepler version end-to-end.
If you would like to give this version a try, you can install us from the Kepler repositories.
Install the Kepler M6 Java EE IDE Distribution
- Go to http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/keplerm6
- Select the distribution most appropriate for your platform.
- Download and unzip to your hard drive
- Start the eclipse version just installed and Open context menu Help > Install New Software...
- Select "http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler" from the dropdown box of "Work with"
- Expand "Business Intelligence, Reporting and Charting" and select "BIRT Framework"
- Proceed the installation wizard and restart Eclipse at the end
- Open context menu Help > Install New Software...
- Due to a version comparison issue, you need to be careful to pick the right version. Hence Push Add button
- Enter Stardust Kepler M6 for the Name and for the Location enter http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler/201303220900.
- Select the checkbox Stardust - Eclipse Process Manager (see screenshot below)
- Select Next for the follow-up screens and accept the Eclipse License Agreement.
- Select Finish - all Stardust components will be downloaded now. This may take 10-20 minutes depending on your network connection.
- For the milestone builds, you may receive a warning that the software contains unsigned content, which you need to ignore.
- Restart Eclipse after installation has completed.