StAC 09 Resource Planning
This page is to capture the brainstorming and prioritization process for the StAC's recommendations on how best to allocate a small budget on the theme of "Improving the release Train".
High Level Guidelines
These are suggested guidelines to help with decision making.
- Focus on efforts that deliver direct improvements, not on efforts that merely deliver a list of things to do that we may or may not have resources to act on.
- Focus on efforts that represent gaps in skills and abilities/availability of the Eclipse Foundation and the Projects
High Level Brainstorming
- Continuous testing infrastucture for Packages (currently only SDK does CIT)
- Usability Studies of packages
- High Production quality videos/media showing out of the box use of popular packages
- Improving user experience finding, getting, installing and first using the packages (based on popular)
- Separating the various packages (JEE, EMF, etc) and offering individualized download pages, details, experiences for each
- Turning packages into first class distros