Difference between revisions of "Solutions 1.0"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Version 1.0 ==
== Version 1.0 ==
Revision as of 11:00, 16 December 2008
- This page describes the solutions available with the Higgins 1.0 release.
- For solutions under development as part of Higgins 1.1 see Solutions 1.1
- A Solution is a specific combination of Higgins Components that, when assembled and deployed, result in either an infrastructure-level service, or an end-user application.
Higgins Developed & Supported Solutions
This section describes the solutions developed by the Higgins team. There are solutions at three different levels:
These flavors of selector apps are available:
- GTK and Cocoa Selector - for Firefox (or other applications) on Linux, FreeBSD and OSX (client-based native code app)
- RCP Selector - an Eclipse RCP Application (client-based Java app; requires JRE 1.4 or higher)
- Firefox-Embedded Selector - for Firefox on Windows, Linux, and OSX (Requires hosted I-Card Service Component)
Identity Web Services
Identity Provider web services:
- STS IdP - WS-Trust Identity Provider (webapp and web service)
- SAML2 IdP - SAML2 Identity Provider (webapp and web service)
Relying Party website:
- Extensible Protocol RP Website 1.0 - I-Card-enabled Relying Party site (webapp) [supersedes: RP Website Solution]
Identity Attribute Service
This solution is currently a local java component.
- IdAS Solution - Identity Attribute Service uses Context Provider plugins to adapt existing data sources to the Context Data Model.
- XDI4j - General purpose library for XDI (see the Wikipedia page on XDI)
This section lists solutions developed external to the Higgins project, but that are based on Higgins Components and code.
- IBM Tivoli Federated Identity Manager 6.2
- Serena Business Mashups
- Novell DigitalMe for Linux/Mac - Identity Selectors based on the Higgins GTK and Cocoa Selector (also open source)
- Bandit STS/IdP Solution - STS IdP (also open source)
- Eclipse ALF Project