A Solution is a specific combination of Higgins Components that, when assembled and deployed, results in either an infrastructure-level service, or an end-user application. The solutions listed on this page are included in Higgins 1.0 unless otherwise noted.
This section describes the solutions developed by the Higgins team. There are solutions at three different levels:
The Higgins project has developed one example end-user application, called an Identity Selector, based on Higgins components. This app is available in different flavors:
- GTK and Cocoa Selector Solution - for Firefox (or other applications) on Linux, FreeBSD and OSX (client-based native code app)
- RCP Selector Solution - for Eclipse RCP Applications (client-based Java app; requires JRE 1.4 or higher)
- Firefox-Embedded Selector Solution - for Firefox on Windows, Linux, and OSX (Requires hosted I-Card Service Component)
- Adobe AIR based Selector Solution - for Firefox and IE on Windows [NOT part of Higgins 1.0; under development for Higgins 1.1]
The project has developed these Identity Provider web services:
- STS IdP Solution - WS-Trust Identity Provider (webapp and web service)
- SAML2 IdP Solution - SAML2 Identity Provider (webapp and web service)
As well as this example/test Relying Parity website/service:
- Extensible Protocol RP Website Solution - I-Card enabled Relying Party site (webapp) [supersedes: RP Website Solution]
Higgins has developed the Higgins Global Graph to address the need for data interoperability and portability for identity, profile, preference and social relationship data:
- Higgins Global Graph - Data model of the Higgins Global Graph
- IdAS Solution - Identity Attribute Service (local java component) and Context Provider plugins that implement the Higgins Global Graph.
- XDI4j Solution - General purpose library for XDI (see the Wikipedia page on XDI)
This section lists solutions developed external to the Higgins project, but based on Higgins Components.