THIS IS A DRAFT. Sirius 2.0.0 is not released yet.
Sirius 2.0.0 is a major release which focuses on better usability of diagrams, performance improvements, and better modularity. It also includes extensive automated test suites.
See also [TBD the announce on the mailing list].
It is recommended you use the update-site matching the version of Eclipse you use to avoid potential issues at runtime.
If you want to install the new
org.eclipse.sirius.tests feature, which provides APIs to help create automated tests of Sirius-based modelers, you will need to add the following update-site:
Juno users: Sirius depends on more recent versions of some components that what is available by default from a Juno install. You need to add the following update-sites if you want to install Sirius 1.0.0M7 on Juno:
- Orbit: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20140525021250/repository/
- Acceleo 3.4 (or 3.5): http://download.eclipse.org/acceleo/updates/releases/3.4/ (resp. http://download.eclipse.org/acceleo/updates/releases/3.5/)
- EEF 1.2 (or 1.3): http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/eef/updates/releases/1.2 (resp. http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/eef/updates/releases/1.3)
Sirius 2.0.0 is compatible with the following versions of Eclipse:
- Eclipse 3.8/4.2 (Juno)
- Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler)
- Eclipse 4.4 (Luna)
New & Noteworthy
The complete list of tickets fixed in Sirius 2.0.0 can be found here on the Bugzilla.
Ergonomic Improvements on Diagrams
- #443381: When diagram elements are selected, simply hitting the "Escape" key will deselect everything. Before this, it was necessary to click on the diagram's background to disable the selection, but the background is not always visible.
- #443108: A new action is available on diagram edges to "straighten" them, removing all the intermediate bend-points which may have been created by previous manipulations.
- #442289: A new family of actions is available when several elements are selected on a diagram, to distribute them (horizontally or vertically) with uniform spaces between them.
- #441424: When resizing a node of container, the anchor of the incident edges are kept at the same visual location. Before that, the could move proportionally to the resize.
- #438691: It is now possible to select element that intersects the selection rectangle and not that is completely contained by the selection rectangle. This new behavior is enabled when user selects elements from right to left. The normal mode (previous mode) remains when the user selects elements from left to right.
- #437095: The edges appearance is now kept, as much as possible, when one of its extremity is moved. A move of an extremity should move only the closest segment of the edge.
- #437097: The edges appearance is kept as much as possible when a node (container or not) is moved. A move of a node now impacts only the closest segment of the linked edges.
- #441090: When a node, container or not, is resized to the left, upwards, or both, the location of its children (elements inside a container and border nodes) is not changed. It is possible to retrieve the previous behavior by pressing the F3 function key during the resize.
- The "snap to shapes" is now enabled by default (see _Sirius > Sirius Diagram > Rulers and Grid_ preference page). This is true only for new diagrams. The existing diagrams are not impacted.
- The "Navigate" top-level contextual menu entry with mixed actions for creating new representations and opening existing ones has been changed by two top-level menus:
- One named "New", which lists only the available actions to create new representations on the selected element.
- One named "Open", which lists only the existing representations on the selected element.
- When a shape is resized (no matter the direction), the edge(s) connection location (toward or from this one) is kept. Before that, edges connections moved according to the ratio of the resizing.
Example with this initial state before resizing: !images/shapeResize1.png! Result after resizing without this feature (the edges have moved): !images/shapeResize2.png! Result after resizing with this feature (the edges keep the same location): !images/shapeResize3.png!
- There is now the possibility to distribute the selected shapes (see "Sirius User Manual/Diagrams/Features Overview/Distribute elements":user/diagrams/Diagrams.html#distribute for more details):
- The end user can now remove all bend-points between the two edge ends. This action is available on edge context menu "Remove Bend-points" or by using the shortcut "Ctrl" + "Shift" + "-".
- Reconnection of an edge will only now move the minimum necessary bendpoints instead of reseting it to default.
- A new action has been added to reset the diagram origin: the diagram bounds (the rectangle formed by the highest & leftmost and the lowest & rightest elements) can have a negative origin or can be shifted toward the bottom-right with a blank zone at the top-left. This action aims to move all diagram elements so that the diagram retrieves its origin while keeping elements layout.
Other Significant Changes
The following important issues are present in the 2.0.0 release. They were identified after the code freeze and could not be fixed in time. If possible (i.e. no API break needed), they will be fixed in 2.0.x maintenance releases.